PDA

View Full Version : Tppcrpg iPhone app!

The Don
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Obviously it would be hard to do, and I personally have no experience in creating applications, however it is just an idea. I don't know if many other people do it but I like to use my 3G to go on tppc when I'm away from the computer, and it's not the easiest thing to do. I highly doubt this will even be considered, but if it is I would be happy to help design layouts for the app!

Thanks, The Don.. :)

Elris
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Has been asked and rejected many a times

Illuminati
03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
My boyfriend could easily make one. And it sounds cool. But I don't know if it's legal.

The Don
03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Obviously, for it to be legal, some kind of agreement would have to take place between who ever it is that will take on the project, and Shrimpy. I personally would not mind paying for said application, but that's just me.

The Don.. :)

Shadow
03-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Actually, it would become illegal if anyone paid for it. Shrimpy can NOT get any ammount of money, not a penny, from TPPC or TC. This is because both websites are pokemon fansites, and pokemon is copyrighted and all that legal buisness...

kakashi
03-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Actually, it would become illegal if anyone paid for it. Shrimpy can NOT get any ammount of money, not a penny, from TPPC or TC. This is because both websites are pokemon fansites, and pokemon is copyrighted and all that legal buisness...

I suppose ad revenues don't matter? :/

Illuminati
03-06-2010, 11:48 PM

I figured that. Is it legal if it's free, though?

ricardopaulosp
03-07-2010, 08:18 AM
I think over time that the devices themselves will adapt to all types of websites.
I use 3G internet on my PC!

Shadow
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I suppose ad revenues don't matter? :/
He doesn't get money from the ads. The ads pay directly for the website, unless I am mistaken.

TypeOh
03-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Ad revenue is fine, as long as the ads don't have anything to do with copy-righted materials that Shrimpy doesn't have permission to use.As for an iPhone app, anyone could develop an app that would allow people to access TPPC more easily, and even distribute it other people as long as the person who develops it doesn't profit from it in any way. People can donate to the app to help support it, but using the money for anything other than that could get the person who makes it in trouble.

I say if someone can do it, go for it. I personally can't do it, though I wish I could.

Edit:: Let me rephrase that... He can make money off ads as long as it's made very clear that the ads are not affiliated with any of the companies that own the copy-rights to Pokemon and all that jazz, which I think he actually has at the bottom of the page.

Illuminati
03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll wait for a go-ahead from Shrimpy before I get one made for you guys. If he wants no part of it, then it won't happen. :)

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
He doesn't get money from the ads. The ads pay directly for the website, unless I am mistaken.

Correct for the most part. GNA gets money for those ads.

Cyenso
03-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I already have one on my home page thing on my Touch.
Press the plus button at the bottom, And Add To Home Screen I think (My Dad did it, so it may be Add Bookmark)

Solstice
03-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I asked this and it was rejected

Fading
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll wait for a go-ahead from Shrimpy before I get one made for you guys. If he wants no part of it, then it won't happen. :)

I'm looking forward to that.

The Don
03-11-2010, 07:10 AM
I already have one on my home page thing on my Touch.
Press the plus button at the bottom, And Add To Home Screen I think (My Dad did it, so it may be Add Bookmark)

Yes, that is a bookmark, a quick link to the site. As for the app, unless it catches Shrimpy's attention, which I don't think it will, I can't see it going anywhere :(

Bodolicious
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Wtf?
Do I feel out of date or what?
Everyone has freaking application phones?

TypeOh
03-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Wtf?
Do I feel out of date or what?
Everyone has freaking application phones?

Considering they aren't that expensive (at least not here in the States) yeah xD My new phone (just ordered it about a half hour ago as a 'new job gift' to myself) was only like $55, with tax and all that.

The Don
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah I use internet on my iPhone and this was just an idea that I would find handy.

Boochan
03-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm looking forward to that.

Me too! I just hope its made so that you DO NOT have to zoom in and out over and over again to battle. It gets really annoying.

Ice God
03-16-2010, 07:38 PM
iphones have internet just go on the internet and play tppc online with the iphone

Boochan
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
iphones have internet just go on the internet and play tppc online with the iphone

You've obviously never used an iPhone/iTouch to play TPPC on safari. It is extremely ANNOYING. Specific Internet game apps are SOOOO much better because it can be made to best suite the web page layout, etc. Like I said in my previous post when you are battling or are trying to click a link for lets say "buy pokemon".It is VERY annoying having to zoom in and out over and over again.

Ice God
03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
i wasnt thinking about the zooming in thing

Boochan
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
i wasnt thinking about the zooming in thing

Yeah, thats the main reason its so hard to navigate through the website and battle. If illuminati's boy friend can easily do it for free, why not?