PDA

View Full Version : Implementing signatures

Bodolicious
03-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Idk, I think it would add a bit more fun if the signature were to actually display signatures. Instead of posting links and whatnot. It'll add creativity and people could create banners and Trainer Cards and the image itself would be right in the signature. As a forums user, I seem to like to create my siggy's images if the forums allows it, unlike this one so far ;)

McCloud
03-01-2010, 05:27 AM
i agree, but have a set limit on the sig like only 600x 400 for example.

9/10

Tenshi
03-01-2010, 06:13 AM
I actually like it like this. I hate seeing horrible signatures with colors that hurt my eyes. ;x

I'm still indifferent about it tho because I wouldn't mind making a little sig for myself..

Bodolicious
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Well like, it just gives a shot about being creative and allowing others to see without having to deal with the different links. Yeah sure, ya click the link, say cool, and that's the last time you see it. But this way, everyone sees it all the time, and it allows those who do a good job to show off, be creative, and offer more color to the user itself.

Hantsuki
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I like this idea, but I feel like someone has already said this before.

Anyway, on previous vBulletin forums I've been on, there are a lot of members who open up shops to create sigs and tags for members to use in their signatures. Some people like to create sigs to match a holiday or the time of year and I think they look great, just need to have a limit to how big the image would be like someone already said.

I know plenty of people have already complained about the eggs, but I think it might even lessen the use of those in people's sigs, hopefully.

Bodolicious
03-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Not only that, but it allows people to put in what they like, not whats offered (barring that they do follow the rules of appropriateness). Like tbh... I would love to have some hella sick Jolteon signature just to show my appreciation for that electric cat :P.

But the sky's the limit to use ur creative abilities and be able to show off. Also, good point about people opening shops and stuff. Cuz there's people who actually enjoy making signatures as a hobby and well, it might be a bigger difference than ya think :P

Loki
03-01-2010, 06:02 PM
i want sigz too
my madoka is just crying for being here

Cyenso
03-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I would love to put a Halo Sig in my Siggy to show my appretiation to the Game :]
But as people say, there should be a size limit.

9.5/10

Jassie
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I would prefer a size limit of 400 x 200 with no vert sigs.

However I dont see it happening.Most people on here(probably a couple staff members as well) dont trust the members enough to have the img tag enabled on sigs even with how easy it would be to ban the user or simply edit the users sig themselves.

Bodolicious
03-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't seem much of a hassle to me ;)

Fatal
03-03-2010, 01:58 AM
most of the mods are on the same side of the world.

there is little to no moderation at night in tppc time.

just something to consider.

X-tra
03-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Hmm Sounds pretty nice, however Idk if me myself will use it :O
8.5/10

Bodolicious
03-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Most of the players are also on the same side of the world. You come on at about midnight my time and you got like, 5 people on.

So also something to consider

Chromosome
03-03-2010, 02:44 AM
10/10.
I don't see any point to hate this idea.
I am sure the mods would repeat the same old sentence after seeing this thread [if they replied here] that the signature with images is risky. Someone might post contents that are not child friendly.

But as far as my poll is concerned, I don't see any problem with your view. I would like it if something as such happens...

Infinity
03-03-2010, 06:20 AM
i like the idea but i think there is a reason they shrimpy did not put signature images [dont remember but i think it was because it might have a virus or something like that]
and we all know some people will over do it by putting very big images in their sigs [so maybe if there is a limited size] :p

but it would be nice to have them

Bodolicious
03-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Well if people are worried about whether or not people would implement inappropriate signatures, remember we deal with that everyday anyways. We have the sketchpad where people could post inappropriate artwork, or post anything inappropriate in any post. So like... we deal with it everyday. The general userbase up to this point has been respectful of the rules and therefore I don't think it will be much of an issue.

Infinity... you probably don't know what ur talking about. Virus's in a signature? Only reason why one would obtain a virus is if they were being irresponsible with their computer in the first place. So I don't know where ur getting this "virus" argument at.

Infinity
03-03-2010, 07:08 AM
no idea where i go that [remembered someone told me or something like that], never mind that :/

Illuminati
03-03-2010, 11:09 PM
It is risky, but that's what mods are for.

I say let's try it. The image size should be script-enforced to a minimum, off-site and no alt links, and if it doesn't work out, it's easy to remove the feature entirely. TPPC should give chances to the users once in a while.

Bodolicious
03-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Omfg!!!

AN ILLUMINATI!

*throws pokeball*

But yeah, anyways... it's nice to treat the users every once in a while, right? ;)

Anidamaru
03-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I think forums will catch a lag, but if im wrong then big yes - 10/10

Fading
03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
That'd be awesome.

kakashi
03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
I would like to show off my crazy sig! >.< 10/10 there bodo boy.

Jassie
03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Also if Shirmpy/Kife(whoever makes the final decision) adds this there should be a limit on characters, images, and lines in your sig.Otherwise it could/would get carried away.

Bodolicious
03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Also if Shirmpy/Kife(whoever makes the final decision) adds this there should be a limit on characters, images, and lines in your sig.Otherwise it could/would get carried away.

Has been stated before

Jassie
03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Has been stated before

Really?Didnt read anything but my post and your response to it :/ Hardly do o.o

Oh well..As long as Im not alone ._.

Bodolicious
03-06-2010, 06:45 PM
There are other people who feel the same way, so it's fine.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I think Tenshi has quite a point, in that with links, you have the option to look at a sig or not. Without, you have the problem of, well... How should I put this lightly... Newer sig makers, with those excessively bright sigs that burn your eyes, etc... But other than that, I'd love to have one myself so...

Bodolicious
03-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Well to be frank, not many people will go and click links just to look at sigs. Signatures are meant to be displayed cuz it represents something to the poster. It's like, a forums law lolol.

Jassie
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
I think Tenshi has quite a point, in that with links, you have the option to look at a sig or not. Without, you have the problem of, well... How should I put this lightly... Newer sig makers, with those excessively bright sigs that burn your eyes, etc... But other than that, I'd love to have one myself so...

Adblock Plus for FireFox should allow you to block them.And if that doesnt then I think theres an option to completely turn off signatures.

Bodolicious
03-08-2010, 05:57 AM
I like how people provide an argument, than say "but" LOL

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-08-2010, 06:07 AM
I actually like it like this. I hate seeing horrible signatures with colors that hurt my eyes. ;x

I'm still indifferent about it tho because I wouldn't mind making a little sig for myself..

Agreed.

Lawnbuddha
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
2/10.

I have no problem with the appropriateness argument...I'm much more concerned with (more) lag. I think there are plenty of outlets on the internet for folks to be creative, we don't need to cause technical problems just to let them do it here too. I have all images blocked from this site, anyway...so I might not be the best voter on this.

Bodolicious
03-11-2010, 03:35 AM
I have all images blocked from this site, anyway
So that solves your problem :P

Kife
03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
If there's one thing TPPC users have proven, it's that we can't have nice things like this.