PDA

View Full Version : I've always wondered

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Legend
Administrators | Assistants | Banned Users | Moderators | Super Moderators | Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

That's the setup of a part of "what's going on" a the bottom of the main page. I wonder a few things.

First, what the point of the legend thing? Yes, there is a legend posted above the text. But I also wonder what the point of that is since the rest of the pokemon on the side are not legends. Looks weird and inconcistent.

Second, there is that list of all the different types of members here and based on how the forums have run baiscally since I cam remember, you could click those kinds of things and see who was what. But they aren't hyperlinked so you can't. So what the point of them.

And finally, I don't see what the point of having banned users and users awaiting email confirmation on that list is. A lot of people might care who's banned but it's usually people wanting to know that because it's their friend and in that case all they have t odo is search the name. And of course if you can't remember the name, that's not a very good friend.

I also don't see the point on the member awaiting emails because I'm pretty sure they know and it doesn't really matter to anyone but them. And the wait is not that long in most cases so seems pointless.

So my idea is removing the thing about the Legend and putting the pokemon that's like the rest of the sub-forums which I think might change based on your skin. If not then it's just wobby and it should stay that way.

Also, I think that the line up of the different members list should be hyperlinked and look more like this:

Administrators | Assistants | Members | Moderators | Super Moderators

Just my opinion but I think it makes more sense.

Loki
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
it means as legend of some kind of map , not like a legend poke

abhiraj005
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
I think they are all default groups. And default groups can't be removed, but I maybe wrong.

Ally
02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I agree with the idea about removing Users Awaiting Email but not really about the Banned Users. Removing the Email thing would be great because usually most people get their email right away and log in. So that option is only there for like 2 min (max). They should keep the Banned Users though because say a person really wanted to talk to someone about maybe a trade. But if they see that person is banned, they'll know and well, move on. That was a little hard to understand... do you get it?

So anyway, I give this entire idea an eight out of ten. You got awesome thoughts Ichigo! <3

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
it means as legend of some kind of map , not like a legend poke

There's a legendary poke right about the text and there no such things as legends being found on maps. People can argue Mewtwo but that thing is so common I would venture to say it's doesn't count.

abhira I'm pretty sure those can be messed around with. I've never seen that kind of thing not tampered with and hyperlinked on a v-bull forum.

I don't know Ally. You make a good point but chances are that someone who's banned probably cheated to get pokes and trading with a cheater is never a good thing. Plus someone else is likely to have what your looking for even if it's a different dela than you are looking for from a now banned trainer.

Ally
02-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Well now that they are banned the person wanting to trade with them now knows to stay away from them. :)

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Well now that they are banned the person wanting to trade with them now knows to stay away from them. :)

Okay yeah, you got me there. For that reason It might be a good idea to keep banned users up there but I think it'd be better if they did it in a "wall of shame" format like it used to be.

Ekhart
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
There's a legendary poke right about the text and there no such things as legends being found on maps. People can argue Mewtwo but that thing is so common I would venture to say it's doesn't count.

You're mixing reality with pokemon games >>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(map)#Map_symbology

Loki
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
and those banned users are banned from the forum , not the game

Ally
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, sorry but I don't think we really need to embarrass them that much really. It'd be a little mean to do that, wouldn't you think?

But I agree with your new kind of Legend idea! :3

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
You're mixing reality with pokemon games >>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(map)#Map_symbology

Sorry but not only is that going way to far making you look foolish but I trust anything wiki says about as much as I'd trust Cheney with a gun and my face.

Well, sorry but I don't think we really need to embarrass them that much really. It'd be a little mean to do that, wouldn't you think?

But I agree with your new kind of Legend idea! :3

I tell you, you are one sweet sounding girl. I get a feeling of sweet and whole hearted innocence from your posts. But the wall was funny if you ever saw it.

Loki
02-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry but not only is that going way to far making you look foolish but I trust anything wiki says about as much as I'd trust Cheney with a gun and my face.

you are the one that is looking foolish here , for not taking a point and butting your own not-so-smart thoughts up to screen

Ally
02-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Ichigo :) And was it on the old forums?

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
you are the one that is looking foolish here , for not taking a point and butting your own not-so-smart thoughts up to screen

Wow, quick to get mad aren't you? Might want to make what your saying more clear next time becuase that's definetly foolish.

Loki
02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
its pretty clear to ppl , that actually have a normal thought process

Ally
02-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry to interfere, but Loki he was just saying that he hates wiki. no need to call him foolish.

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
its pretty clear to ppl , that actually have a normal thought process

Considering I have ADHD and a working memory disorder and a few other mental defects that you likely know next to nothing about, that's probably true. My thought process would be different than the norm. Not to mention that on a site where people often talk about map pokemon and legendaires being found on such maps in none other than the ideas forum, one normally, would think that is what you were saying. Things change given the place and given what goes on in said place. So thinking "Map" and "pokemon" as "Map pokemon" is a "normal" way to think here.

Loki
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
no it isn't since 2 ppl posted nothing including map pokemon and yet you seem to think otherwise
@Ally - this isnt what he meant

Ally
02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Then why are you arguing with him over what he thinks? He thought differently and so did you.

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
no it isn't since 2 ppl posted nothing including map pokemon and yet you seem to think otherwise
@Ally - this isnt what he meant

Just tell me on thing do you see the words Map, legend and poke in this post: it means as legend of some kind of map , not like a legend poke

Cause I do. Easy mistake. Cause sure, it might say not somewhere along the line there but it doesn't say, not legendary pokemon on maps. It says not like a legend poke. Which the poke happens to be. Next time, be more clear on what you mean. And if you don't have anything to contribute, please leave.

Then why are you arguing with him over what he thinks? He thought differently and so did you.

It's called online pride and it's sad. It's why most arguements start.

Ally
02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Loki it was just a mistake. now lets move on!
So yeah Ichigo I rate your idea 8/10! <3
Lets hope the Email thing gets approved. Good luck!

xelmen1
02-19-2010, 06:00 PM
wow you guys shouldnt be argueing seriously its a rule
anyways 8/10 too

Kife
03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Dictionary.com, Legend doesn't relate to just Pokemon.