PDA

View Full Version : What do you get when you Prestige on MW2?

Jassie
02-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Im coming up on my first prestige and Im kinda hesitating about doing it..I really dont want to lose all my guns and attachments.Do you get anything special for prestigeing besides better rank symbols?And do I have to get back to Lv4(or whatever level it is) to unlock create a class?

LooN A TicK
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Yup, you have to be level 4 to create a class level 10 for rewards I think it was..and basically you're Rank 1 FNG again xD

You keep all titles and emblems as well as unlocking some new ones in this prestige. Most importantly, you get a new class. You get a new class for these prestiges - 1,3, 5, 7 and 9.

You lose all gun attachments, camos, killstreak rewards, Ghilliess, Perks and other stuff.

Shadowmire
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't get why people are so afraid to prestige... personally, I like restarting, and some of the absolute best things in the game are available for use from level 1/4 (they may as well be the same thing... I went from 1 to 4 in my first game after my second prestige).

But, if starting over and having a goal to chase somehow doesn't appeal to you at all, don't prestige then. Just enjoy the game.

Jassie
02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Loon~Thanks Loon.

Shadowmire~Its not that Im afraid of it but every gun that I enjoy using (M16, M21, Desert Eagle, M93 Raffica) are all unlocked at fairly high ranks and I would really like to have everything unlocked for them before I do.

LooN A TicK
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Loon~Thanks Loon.

Shadowmire~Its not that Im afraid of it but every gun that I enjoy using (M16, M21, Desert Eagle, M93 Raffica) are all unlocked at fairly high ranks and I would really like to have everything unlocked for them before I do.

If it's any help, I found that after I prestiged, I'd gotten much better than I had been at console FPS games compared to PC FPS games. So yeah, you'll be better now and should be able to rank up easily.

I got to 40 in like 3-4 days, as long as you're able to get big scores and defuse and plant bombs or w/e you play, you should be able to rack up points easily.

Plus getting 500 kills with a weapon is easy and worth 10000 points.

Jassie
02-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Yea I am starting to improve..I just went 33 - 2 - 15 at Highrise which is actually the highest kill count I have gotten in one match :|

But yea..Me and my brother decided we are going to unlock everything for the AK47(except Extended Mags) and then prestige.

LooN A TicK
02-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Yea I am starting to improve..I just went 33 - 2 - 15 at Highrise which is actually the highest kill count I have gotten in one match :|

But yea..Me and my brother decided we are going to unlock everything for the AK47(except Extended Mags) and then prestige.

Should get the mags as well, it was very easy with the AK, title looks nice too.

Jassie
02-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Na..My brother is determined to prestige soon so we had to agree to not get the mags.