PDA

View Full Version : Higher max money.

Jessica
02-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Could the max money be made higher please.
Getting to 2,2b is pretty easy and it limits the amout people can get for their hard earned high levels.

I know most peopel dont care about in game cash, but i do! :cool: It's just another thing i can set a target for! :big_smile:

It being made to 5-10b would be cool! :tongue: 10b is nice, a nice round number!

:egg_admire:

Loki
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
it is impossible , it got something to do with the limits of jawa , but i always keep forgetting what exactly

Jessica
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I dont understand... It's always like 2,2b in like all online games.... in this game its too low as some pokemons can be worth much much more.

Artemis Huntress
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I think a better option would just be to lower the price o pokemon.

Jessica
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I just like collecting cash XD it becomes boring at max... so i am forced to buy a pokemon i will never use.

ricardopaulosp
02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
it is impossible , it got something to do with the limits of jawa , but i always keep forgetting what exactly

true, but but it would be nice!

Jessica
02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I just thought of something... how come money cant go higher but exp can?

Shiny Metagross
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
in Java, the storage type "int" can only store an integer up to 2,147,483,647. There is another storage type ("long") that can store an integer over 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 , though it takes up double the memory.
In short, it is possible, but maybe not so likely.

Jessica
02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
They proberly wont make it go up if it takes up more memory then! =(

Jefff
02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
in Java, the storage type "int" can only store an integer up to 2,147,483,647. There is another storage type ("long") that can store an integer over 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 , though it takes up double the memory.
In short, it is possible, but maybe not so likely.

Too bad that tppc does not use java.

Loki
02-18-2010, 05:43 PM
sure it does

Jefff
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
sure it does

No, it doesn't.

Unless TPPC was completely rewritten since I last logged on a few months ago, which I have a feeling it didn't.

Jassie
02-19-2010, 12:22 AM
No, it doesn't.

Unless TPPC was completely rewritten since I last logged on a few months ago, which I have a feeling it didn't.

Doesnt TPPC use php?

Anyways Jeff suggested a way of being able to go over max money once without actually going over(or something like that) but I cant remember exactly what it was..He might be able to tell you(if he hasnt forgotten).

Shiny Metagross
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Either way, 2,147,483,647 is the highest number that you can store in 32 bits. That other number that I mentioned can be stored in 64 bits. Any language would do that. I just mentioned java since someone said it earlier...

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I think a better option would just be to lower the price o pokemon.

The buy page was only made as a way to get rid of useless pokemon you wouldn't otherwise keep. Don't expect prices for things to lower at all.

Jessica
02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
It does use java, it says on the frontpage.

It says this.
Please Note: This site does use temporary log-in cookies to ensure that players get the best experience possible. Please allow your browser to accept cookies so you can play. If cookies are disabled, you will be unable to play! JavaScript also plays a large role in v7, so please have that enabled as well.

Jassie
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
It does use java, it says on the frontpage.

It says this.

I was talking to Jeff about learning to code something once and Im pretty sure he said Java and Javascript are two different things.

FusionKill
02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Nothing(all most nothing) can get more then 2^31 which is 2,147,483,648. That's why is 1 less from that.

Fatal
02-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Nothing(all most nothing) can get more then 2^31 which is 2,147,483,648. That's why is 1 less from that.

many things can.

2^31-1 is just the maximum integer for 32bit.

Tiger
02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
As of now, there is now way to increase the max money since its 2^31 - 1... This is the max money in several MMOs also, including Maplestory. The only way I can see how we can increase the max money would be to make seperate arrays of money, and when one maxes out, it goes to the next one... just a thought

Jefff
02-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Okay, here goes.

First off, java and javascript have no relation.

PHP uses one size fits all integers, so there is absolutely no way (that is worth it) to increase the maximum size that php can work with. Now, the numbers are actually not stored in anything directly related to php, they are stored in a MySQL database, which is capable of handling larger numbers. The issue is passing the data back to php though, when you try to pull a number out of a MySQL database that is larger than php can work with, you get it as a string rather than an integer. For the intents of this explanation, it's enough to know that the only (important here) difference between a string and an integer is that math cannot be performed on a string. Luckily, you can make MySQL do all the math, so that problem is solved. All php needs to do is display it, which is what strings do best.

And now, the ever important question, how much more storage space will this use? Actually, the max can be doubled without using more space.

This may seem weird, but that's only because it is. You have probably heard of 32 bit computers, they get their name from the fact that they can internally work with numbers that are 32 bits long. That means, they can work with numbers up to 2**32-1.

You may have noticed (or have someone tell you) that the limit is 2**31-1. This is really weird because 32 bit computers (the kind that tppc is running on) can work with numbers up to 2**32-1. The answer to this is that not all integers are created equally.

The truth is that an unsigned integer can go up to 2**32-1, but signed integers can only go up to 2**31-1. An unsigned integer is a whole number that cannot be negative, a signed number can be negative. (Imagine that you have four spots to write numbers in, you can store a bigger number if you do not store the sign, but assume that it will always be positive).

So how can this be accomplished? All that needs to be done is change the database schema (schema describes what data is stored, and how it is formatted) so that money is a 32 bit unsigned integer, instead of a 32 bit signed integer.

---
Sorry if any of that is confusing, if you don't understand part of it, let me know, and I'll clear it up.

If you want a more concise description of something, I can do that too.

[edit] Oh, and the limit can be further increased by using 64 bit unsigned, which would only increase the database size by 4 bytes per player.

Jassie
02-20-2010, 12:42 AM
I knew it was coming o: !

DatSagittarius
02-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Okay, here goes.

First off, java and javascript have no relation.

PHP uses one size fits all integers, so there is absolutely no way (that is worth it) to increase the maximum size that php can work with. Now, the numbers are actually not stored in anything directly related to php, they are stored in a MySQL database, which is capable of handling larger numbers. The issue is passing the data back to php though, when you try to pull a number out of a MySQL database that is larger than php can work with, you get it as a string rather than an integer. For the intents of this explanation, it's enough to know that the only (important here) difference between a string and an integer is that math cannot be performed on a string. Luckily, you can make MySQL do all the math, so that problem is solved. All php needs to do is display it, which is what strings do best.

And now, the ever important question, how much more storage space will this use? Actually, the max can be doubled without using more space.

This may seem weird, but that's only because it is. You have probably heard of 32 bit computers, they get their name from the fact that they can internally work with numbers that are 32 bits long. That means, they can work with numbers up to 2**32-1.

You may have noticed (or have someone tell you) that the limit is 2**31-1. This is really weird because 32 bit computers (the kind that tppc is running on) can work with numbers up to 2**32-1. The answer to this is that not all integers are created equally.

The truth is that an unsigned integer can go up to 2**32-1, but signed integers can only go up to 2**31-1. An unsigned integer is a whole number that cannot be negative, a signed number can be negative. (Imagine that you have four spots to write numbers in, you can store a bigger number if you do not store the sign, but assume that it will always be positive).

So how can this be accomplished? All that needs to be done is change the database schema (schema describes what data is stored, and how it is formatted) so that money is a 32 bit unsigned integer, instead of a 32 bit signed integer.

---
Sorry if any of that is confusing, if you don't understand part of it, let me know, and I'll clear it up.

If you want a more concise description of something, I can do that too.

[edit] Oh, and the limit can be further increased by using 64 bit unsigned, which would only increase the database size by 4 bytes per player.
Wow, this is what I wanna learn as I get into college.

Jessica
02-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow this thread is getting way complex XD

Jassie
02-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Wow, this is what I wanna learn as I get into college.

Lawl..Im pretty sure Jeff is only in High School xD

Jessica
02-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Why make such a long post XD it was only an idea to make max money higher...

Jassie
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Why make such a long post XD it was only an idea to make max money higher...

Because it helped prove that your idea is possible.

Kife
03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
It is possible, and maybe, really up to Shrimpy really.