I am determained to find the deception, with the truth in hand
You said the truth would be enough, you believed
But I can not trust you until I know, I am weak
I am scared to save you from the endless void, one you fear so
Scared to tell you that I am that void, the one harming you most

is this a good poem?

Chromosome
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
The central idea is good. But the way it is put up is bad.
It can be a hell lot better with some inversions, some rhymes and some similes/metaphors.

Truth
02-18-2010, 02:32 AM
I am determained to find the deception, with the truth in hand
You said the truth would be enough, you believed
But I can not trust you until I know, I am weak
I am scared to save you from the endless void, one you fear so
Scared to tell you that I am that void, the one harming you most

is this a good poem?

Nothing to write home about, but I am not wrenching in disgust.

I would suggest that you put a little more consideration into your wording, which could really breath new life into your poem; and also substitute the commas with semi colons to give it some poignancy, but maybe that is just me being fussy...

Chromosome
02-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Nothing to write home about, but I am not wrenching in disgust.

I would suggest that you put a little more consideration into your wording, which could really breath new life into your poem; and also substitute the commas with semi colons to give it some poignancy, but maybe that is just me being fussy...

I doubt he would understand what you mean to say. If he would have been knowing such high level English, he would have used it. Your help would just be seen as a show off of your literature.
Just try to be simpler when you are explaining it to someone whom you know that he/she is not so good at things.
I hope you get my point. And don't take it the wrong way.

Truth
02-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I doubt he would understand what you mean to say. If he would have been knowing such high level English, he would have used it.

Negative. If he knew "high level English" (which I do not use), it is rather unlikely that he would substitute contextual proficiency for flair. There is one English language - I speak it, and he speaks it, what more is there to it?

Your help would just be seen as a show off of your literature.

Indeed. I really have to stop showing off my "literature"... I have been spreading my propagandist literature on Internet forums for too long; it must stop.

Just try to be simpler when you are explaining it to someone whom you know that he/she is not so good at things.
I hope you get my point. And don't take it the wrong way.

You might want to try removing the rafter from your own eye before you even think about extracting the straw from a fellow's eye.

Chromosome
02-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Negative. If he knew "high level English" (which I do not use), it is rather unlikely that he would substitute contextual proficiency for flair. There is one English language - I speak it, and he speaks it, what more is there to it?

Indeed. I really have to stop showing off my "literature"... I have been spreading my propagandist literature on Internet forums for too long; it must stop.

You might want to try removing the rafter from your own eye before you even think about extracting the straw from a fellow's eye.

As I had told you earlier through pm when I was Rhythm...."It is foolishness to ask a deaf person to listen something."
Carry on bro, enjoy it your way. Who am I to tell you what to do and what not to do?!?

Truth
02-21-2010, 07:40 AM
As I had told you earlier through pm when I was Rhythm...."It is foolishness to ask a deaf person to listen something."
Carry on bro, enjoy it your way. Who am I to tell you what to do and what not to do?!?

"Was Rhythm"? You always have been, and always will be Rhythm; using a different account doesn't change the fact that you are that person.

"It is foolishness to ask a deaf person to listen something."

You never said such a thing. Although that is a nice attempt at coining a proverb; such a shame you left out a word after "listen", and before "something." It is amusing that you should say such a thing, considering that you quoted my previous post, yet you didn't refer to it once. Does your ignorance and hypocrisy know no bounds?

I'm not your "bro." You are a supercilious, irascible lad, so you are in no position to tell others what to do. But that wouldn't stop a person like you now; would it?

Think twice before you jump the gun and try to dismiss other people's advice and opinions.

Jefff
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Guis, neither of you look smart right now.

Truth
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Guis, neither of you look smart right now.

Wow, an unsubstantiated excrement of a claim supported by nothing but your sheer hypocrisy! I only wish that I had the audacity to interpose conversations just to flaunt my asininity.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, right? I mean, come on, you can't even even blaspheme properly - "Guis" - looking for geez? That is a new low, even for you.

Is this the part where you say "I was only trolling"; in a vain attempt to justify your fatuity?

Jefff
02-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Using big words doesn't make you sound smart, especially when you just stack them into a sentence, and neither does not having any idea what I meant to say when I make a typo. Actually, it's quite a different effect.

The word is 'guys', I think maybe you should think more about what you're saying before you talk.

--
Since you obviously don't understand layman English, here's a 'trying to sound smart by using a thesaurus' translation.

Employing extravagant phrases does not give one the impression that you are above average intelligence, particularly when one places them without consideration to context, nor does misinterpreting a complete sentence from a single mistake manifested from the positioning of digraphs on a keyboard to promote typing speeds. In reality, said effect is drastically different.

The word you had such trouble understanding was the word 'guys', it is my belief that one should ponder more before one talks.

Truth
02-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Using big words doesn't make you sound smart, especially when you just stack them into a sentence, and neither does not having any idea what I meant to say when I make a typo. Actually, it's quite a different effect.

The word is 'guys', I think maybe you should think more about what you're saying before you talk.

--
Since you obviously don't understand layman English, here's a 'trying to sound smart by using a thesaurus' translation.

Employing extravagant phrases does not give one the impression that you are above average intelligence, particularly when one places them without consideration to context, nor does misinterpreting a complete sentence from a single mistake manifested from the positioning of digraphs on a keyboard to promote typing speeds. In reality, said effect is drastically different.

The word you had such trouble understanding was the word 'guys', it is my belief that one should ponder more before one talks.

Nice use of a straw man argument. I've got to admit, it's better than your "I was trolling" excuse that you used last time.

Big words? Oh please. I have heard that one before; you could have at least mixed it up by not using that claim to justify your own shortcomings. It's called "contextual proficiency"; seeing as you are stumbling around looking for a term. I would attempt to explain it to you, but I would have better luck explaining hypocrisy to a bigot... Oh wait, I'm doing that right now subconsciously!

"Since you obviously don't understand layman English, here's a 'trying to sound smart by using a thesaurus' translation."

Just brilliant, nice generalisation. Misinterpreting a "typing mistake" equates to not understanding a whole form of language. Are you even accusing me of using a thesaurus? Wow. I love it how the basis of your accusations are daft assumptions. You even go on for another paragraph, rambling about... about what? Oh, that's right, it comes full circle to all that nonsense about extravagant language. What a sugar coating for your obvious rudimentary grasp of the English language.

See, the crux of your sorry excuse for an argument is rendered void for two reasons:

1. "Guis" - Obvious spelling mistake (more affectionately known as a "typo") and I interpreted it as a botched rendering of "geez"; you disagree and say you meant "guys". Neither can be proven, and we will both still believe what we want. However, this is the thing - one letter wrong or three, it is irrelevant; you made a mistake, I pounced on it, purely as a quip to add insult to injury, knowing that you can't prove that I was wrong, nor can I prove that I was right. Purely trivial; I just didn't know that you would take it so far when you can't prove that you meant "guys". But hey, it is you we are talking about, right?

2. "Big words" - There is no definitive definition for this phrase that is often used amongst kindergarten pupils to describe someone that uses a word longer than four letters. See, you claim that I have no idea what words I use. But here is a fun fact for you - I'm not perfect, but I retain contextual proficiency at all times; therefore I do have an idea what I say, as I never use a word whose meaning is unknown to me. So, why don't you point out an occasion where I have used a word inaccurately? That's right, the ball is in your park; you're so eager to make wild claims, now back it up, although you don't need an invitation to justify yourself, I'm handing you one.

You are so right though; why couldn't I understand a word that wasn't written? What an idiot I am! I need to brush up on my ESP.

Hey, look, your straw man blew away in the wind... Plenty more where that came from, right?

I will attempt to "dumb down my language". So, just for you, I will get a pet monkey, and converse with it on a daily basis. Or would you prefer it if I just acquiesced to your "trolling"; so that you can get that warm and fuzzy feeling? Will either of those options make you happy? It's either that or you get your IQ above your age, but I don't see that happening...

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Jefff
02-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I never said that you didn't know the words you were using, sorry if my translation sounded that way, what I meant by context is that you're showing off on a children's forum.

You obviously don't speak that way.

And are you honestly telling me that you might be right in thinking that I actually meant geez, and that guys was just a cover up?

I'd like you to think for a moment; what are you getting out of trying to embarrass me?

Now consider if you're going to get that.

I'm not going to tell you that I'm trolling, because I'm not, but reading your posts is the funnest thing I'm likely to do today.

---
"Reason: Rubbing salt into the wound…"
Sorry, I'm not able to find it.