PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Problem

Boboking
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a friends computer that I was fixing, and went into InsydeH20 Setup Utility, and went into Diagnostics.

Went to go do a Hard Disk Self Long test to see if everything was good. Well, 6% into the scan this error came up

Failed - Replace Hard Disk 1 (Warranty ID - error code 10008)

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information as in computer model number, or what not; let me know.

Jefff
02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
It sounds like you need to replace the harddrive…

If you're not willing to, buy a copy of Spinrite, and hope that works.

Fatal
02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
what is actually wrong with the computer? i mean, if nothing's wrong with the computer, you can ignore whatever it says..

Boboking
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Well, isn't my computer. The reason I was fixing it was being when Vista will startup, go to the desktop, but when you ever try to do something I.E Run the internet, run a scan, defrag, or anything; everything will stop responding and/or just freeze completely.

I went into Safe Mode, did a quick scan, and there was Spyware. Removed that crap, restart computer, and went on internet. Worked good for good while, maybe 5 minutes, then locked right up. Sooo, went to do a diagnostic scan, got the error.

UPDATE: Just did Hard Disk Self Short Test, and it passed. About to run the Long test again, and see if the error comes back up.

Fatal
02-08-2010, 10:16 PM
have you just tried reverting back to a factory-fresh image using the CD that should come with the computer?

(have you tried reformatting)

Boboking
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I've did the reverting back to Factory in the past. Isn't first time fixing this computer. I didn't do the test last time I fixed it because reverting to factory fixed the other problem, so it was all good; so I thought.

Reformatting won't help :hmm: I believe like Jeff said, and what I have googled with that error; the Hard Drive is crap, and no way to fix it other then replacing it. Told the owners of the computer, and they're going to go get it fixed professionally. Thanks for the help guys.