PDA

View Full Version : LOST Season 6

LooN A TicK
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
So with the new season of LOST out I think we need a thread.
Curious as to why we haven't got a thread already, surely I'm not the only LOST fan.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first two episodes they got me hooked again and can't wait to watch the other episodes. Though it doesn't seem to have the same exciting factor as the first 3 seasons I still can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

Truth
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
So with the new season of LOST out I think we need a thread.

Indeed, us Lost fans need to stick together, or we're going to die alone!

Curious as to why we haven't got a thread already,

"Why do you find it so hard to believe?"

surely I'm not the only LOST fan.

"Are you sure about this, brother?"

Anyway, I enjoyed the first two episodes they got me hooked again and can't wait to watch the other episodes. Though it doesn't seem to have the same exciting factor as the first 3 seasons I still can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

I am going to watch them on television, and Lost is aired on Tuesdays in my country so I will tape it - to avoid the superfluous amount of advertisements - and watch it on Wednesdays, though I will be a week behind USA viewing times. Hopefully nobody spoils it for me in everyday life, and also here...

Lost is definitely the best television show I have ever seen, and it puts the visual diarrhoea that is popular nowadays to shame.

LooN A TicK
02-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Indeed, us Lost fans need to stick together, or we're going to die alone!

I respect you so much for that quote.

Truth
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I respect you so much for that quote.

"Wipe those stars out of your eyes, Freckles."

You would have my utmost respect if you quipped "Why do you find it so easy?"; in response to my "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" comment.

I get such a kick out of using that - and other Lost quotes - in everyday life. It is a shame that I usually get blank faces as a response; because the majority of people have been turned off Lost.

LooN A TicK
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
For me I have a friend who like us knows all the epic quotes from Lost and other TV shows.

I can actually imagine the blank faces xD

Truth
02-11-2010, 01:20 AM
For me I have a friend who like us knows all the epic quotes from Lost and other TV shows.

I can actually imagine the blank faces xD

Oh I say, smashing old chap! Englishmen still speak like that, right?

I have seen the two episodes, and they are top-notch. I especially enjoyed how they rehashed flight 815.

LooN A TicK
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Oh I say, smashing old chap! Englishmen still speak like that, right?

Uh no xD
Maybe up where the queen is, but the rest of London is more, like, uhm. Well if you've played Call of Duty: MW or MW2, we speak like Captain Price and Ghost/Gaz lol. I have a Ghost/Gaz type of voice. Well sort of East London thing.

I have seen the two episodes, and they are top-notch. I especially enjoyed how they rehashed flight 815.

I enjoyed it, no where near as great as the first two seasons. The third episode was good and the return of a certain someone has me in suspence until it ended =[

Won't spoil anything until you've watched it though.

Iceman
02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Are they on the island of off the island? No, both at the same damn time! Pardoxes anyone?

Truth
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Uh no xD
Maybe up where the queen is, but the rest of London is more, like, uhm. Well if you've played Call of Duty: MW or MW2, we speak like Captain Price and Ghost/Gaz lol. I have a Ghost/Gaz type of voice.

I enjoyed it, no where near as great as the first two seasons. The third episode was good and the return of a certain someone has me in suspence until it ended =[

Won't spoil anything until you've watched it though.

Unless you have an accent like Desmond Hume, I don't want to hear about it...

What is it you enjoy about the first two seasons?

I will not even attempt to surmise about the mystery return, for I will make a fool of myself. Thank you for not spoiling anything; it is the ultimate act of compassion.

Are they on the island of off the island? No, both at the same damn time! Pardoxes anyone?

They only go to the island to utilise Hurley's splendid golf course.

Iceman
02-12-2010, 10:09 PM
That was an epic golf course, but sadly, Hurley thinks he's on ghost hunters now.

LooN A TicK
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Unless you have an accent like Desmond Hume, I don't want to hear about it...

"You're going to die Charlie"

When I heard that he was going to die, I was like no, wtf?
Then see Desmond saving him etc and....then bang he's gone and in Flashforward xD

What is it you enjoy about the first two seasons?

Was just epic tbh, the characters settling it, us getting to know their past, the whole leadership thing etc.

mAReDux
02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't really agree that this show is the best ever. It's just different from the others. Also we'll get to see exactly how good it is after we learn what is really going on.

Plus when you look at it, we've watched this show for 5 seasons and yet to reach any sort of conclusion. Like if someone who didn't watch the show asked someone who did to summarize what was going on, I, personally couldn't explain at all. After 5 seasons we still don't know what's going on.

It's like putting together a puzzle without looking at all the pieces. Like imagine trying to do the puzzle by taking random pieces from the box one by one and trying to put them in place without knowing what it's supposed to look like. Some might watch this show to fulfill their ego, claiming that this kind of TV applies to their intellect, I personally think they overdid it.

Plus they've been building it up so much that it's most definitely going to be a let-down. Like in "How I Met Your Mother", Ted's wife and the way they meet is going to be a disappointment no matter how beautiful, funny or intelligent she might be.

Truth
02-14-2010, 12:48 AM
"You're going to die Charlie"

When I heard that he was going to die, I was like no, wtf?
Then see Desmond saving him etc and....then bang he's gone and in Flashforward xD

That was fine by me, after all, Charlie was a terrible musician - I mean, come on, "You All Everybody" was terrible. I could teach a monkey to write better lyrics than that.

Was just epic tbh, the characters settling it, us getting to know their past, the whole leadership thing etc.

Quite true. Nothing rouses spirits quite like a good man of science versus man of faith encounter. Do you have any favourite characters, especially from the first two seasons? I really connected with Locke, to be quite honest.

That was an epic golf course, but sadly, Hurley thinks he's on ghost hunters now.

He's just buying his time before he enters - and ultimately wins - Biggest Loser.

LooN A TicK
02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Do you have any favourite characters, especially from the first two seasons? I really connected with Locke, to be quite honest.

True about the whole musician thing, I guess it's the fact that he was the only British person in the whole show, save that red head woman who died, and let's be honest...It was a mistake bringing her in.

In terms of favourites, I would say I loved Jack at first, the whole noble hero thing etc, but as time went on I started to enjoy Sawyer a lot more, or James as it is now. The show isn't complete with Hurley.

Locke in season was amazing until he blew up the sub xD I liked him and Boone finding the hatch and just the way Locke understands the island. Mr Echo was another peson I liked for some reason.

Michelle Rodriquez did my head in, couldn't stand her character and think it was a mistake to bring her in.

Lost isn't complete without a lot of it's cast now, we've learned to love them all and everything, Jin, Sun, Syed, Claire etc they all too make the show.

Iceman
02-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Sawyer had the best character development out of any character in the show, in my personal opinion. His life is such a screw up you can develop his life in so many ways. Most of the other characters never really changed, they grew and learned from their mistakes, but no character changed and developed over time like sawyer. he went full circle; he is old sawyer now in personality, thought, and actions.

Truth
02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Sawyer had the best character development out of any character in the show, in my personal opinion. His life is such a screw up you can develop his life in so many ways. Most of the other characters never really changed, they grew and learned from their mistakes, but no character changed and developed over time like sawyer. he went full circle; he is old sawyer now in personality, thought, and actions.

Impressive analysis, although I feel the need to digress - Sawyer doesn't have any epic quotes - such as Locke's "Everything happens for a reason." or Jack's "Live together, or die alone." He has a limitless barrage of witty remarks and clever observations, I will give him that much, and I certainly do find his character development quite intriguing.

Lost isn't complete without a lot of it's cast now, we've learned to love them all and everything, Jin, Sun, Syed, Claire etc they all too make the show.

I agree wholeheartedly - it is the chemistry that all the characters have on a collective basis - just like a neatly woven basket!

I have watched the third episode, and I almost jumped out of my skin when Claire was shown in the final scene, although I must admit that I am ashamed that I didn't see it coming - with the flashbacks featuring her among other things. No matter; it will be good to hear her Australian accent to contrast Sayid's fake Arabian one, and Sawyer's strong southern accent. What about good old Ethan too, hey?

f00sh
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Very unimpressed with the new season so far and I am addicted to Lost. But I must admit, Episode 3 was good. Locke episode, no Jack or Kate the entire episode. Totally awesome.

mAReDux
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Just watched E04, it was pretty good. I have to admit it is pretty impressive that the episodes manage to be so exciting even though you don't find out anything. I mean they act like they are giving you something and you are finding something out but in reality you're just getting another random piece of information that doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Still very exciting to watch.

Personally I feel like the more I learn the more clueless I become. Still I'd rather wait & watch rather than join the online sensation of guessing what is going to happen, way too many theories and at best only one will be correct. Seems pointless to overthink it or spend hours trying to figure it out.

LooN A TicK
02-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Wow Truth, should have seen Claire coming dude xD

I was watching the episode and you see Claire everywhere and then the end came and she wasn't in the jungle and at that point I was like.."wtf?" The BANG, there she is with her fine self.

At first I didn't mind Syeds pretend accent, then I watched an interview with him and saw how British he was and was taken back, same with Mr. Echo.

I agree about the Sawyer thing, he doesn't have epic quotes but some of the things he says are just awesome.

Personally I enjoyed Episode 4, same as f00sh, no Kate - I'm cool with Jack, sort of.

f00sh
02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
I have always hated Kate, I will always hate her. She is stupid, she always has the exact same look on her face regardless of the scene. Jack is the stereotypical "I can do everything" character that would get butchered in every other series. I love his story and his acting, but his character is just total trash.

List your top 5 favorites guys!
1. Sawyer
2. Locke
3. Dan
4. Mr. Eko
5. Richard

Top 5 Hated
1. Charlie
2. Kate (Yup Higher than Shannon)
3. Shannon
4. Anna Lucia
5. Claire

Best season was 3. Charlie dies and Claire disappears, No Shannon, No Anna, Less Kate. Awesome season.

Truth
02-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Wow Truth, should have seen Claire coming dude xD

Personally I enjoyed Episode 4, same as f00sh, no Kate - I'm cool with Jack, sort of.

Negative. I am like "mAReDux" - I tend to steer away from the constant conjecturing that is synonymous with Lost. I am in for the ride when I'm viewing it, and it tends to be such a full-frontal viewing experience, that I get caught up in the rigorously entertaining experience. I prefer a subsequent analysis of the given episode(s). Maybe I'm not enough of a Lost aficionado?

Why do I have to be a week behind everyone else? Oh, the injustice!

Top five characters:

John Locke
Desmond Hume
The "Monster"
Sawyer
Benjamin Linus

I don't hate any characters - after all, in the words of Locke, "We were brought here for a purpose, for a reason, all of us. Each one of us was brought here for a reason."

But I must admit, Episode 3 was good. Locke episode, no Jack or Kate the entire episode. Totally awesome.

Don't you mean Episode 4?

Best season was 3. Charlie dies and Claire disappears, No Shannon, No Anna, Less Kate. Awesome season.

I must say, the season 3 premiere left much to be desired, but the double episode finale was riveting to watch. The highlight of season 3 to me was, not the lack of certain characters like you, but rather, the character development of Locke, Sawyer and Desmond, and delving into their respective past's.

f00sh
02-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't hate any characters - after all, in the words of Locke, "We were brought here for a purpose, for a reason, all of us. Each one of us was brought here for a reason."

And Shannon's purpose was to annoy audiences into hating her.

But on a serious note. I love how much has been explained in previous seasons. This season seems to really be lacking in my opinion. I mean they have roughly 15 episodes to tie up the loose ends but they're introducing mysterious characters, creating more mysteries? I love what they're doing with Mr. Smoke Monster and it's a great addition, I like the alternate universe thing showing us how things could have been, but let's work on wrapping it up. My guess everything being introduced is crucial for wrapping it up so I'm down for tolerating everything and I'm excited to see where it goes

Truth
02-19-2010, 09:06 PM

But on a serious note. I love how much has been explained in previous seasons. This season seems to really be lacking in my opinion. I mean they have roughly 15 episodes to tie up the loose ends but they're introducing mysterious characters, creating more mysteries? I love what they're doing with Mr. Smoke Monster and it's a great addition, I like the alternate universe thing showing us how things could have been, but let's work on wrapping it up. My guess everything being introduced is crucial for wrapping it up so I'm down for tolerating everything and I'm excited to see where it goes

The producers have earned my trust, and they have an intrigued user base wrapped around their little finger to show for their consistent ingenuity. Whatever happens, I know that the producers are in the perfect position to end the epic journey that is Lost...

The producers have stated that they do not intend to answer every single question, quirk and mystery, but assure viewers that they will not disappoint them. Hopefully, Lost will be remembered by viewers and spectators alike for its ending, hopefully being not too conclusive or even indefinite, but leaving a sweet taste in the mouth of fans.

LooN A TicK
02-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Firstly, it's nice too see f00sh around again, haven't seen you post in a while dude. Watching the new Kitchen Nightmares I hope ;D

Top 5 Loved:

Sawyer
Locke
Richard
Mr. Echo
Boone - Though he was only in season 1 as a main character, I just liked him o_O
Bejamin Linus- Adding him in as a sixth solely because I think he's an amazing character.

Top 5 Hated

Kate
Anna Lucia - Hate her in whatever I see her in.
Naomi
That woman Hurley liked, forgot her name.
That redhead woman from Britain.

I know this season will be awesome. One thing I'v noticed is the cast seem to have put on a fair amount of weight xD Sawyer mainly stands out with the weight gain, still looks okay, but you can see it. Mathew Fox has also aged considerably.

The theory that a friend of mine has, is that Jacob was the bad one and the Smoke Monster dude was the good guy, where as I think the other way. He also believes Claire is infected with w/e and Syed has Jacob in him.

I'm keen to see what's going to happen and who really is the good guy. Honestly, from what I saw with the numbers, Jacob seems to be quite selfish and not exactly who I somewhat hoped him to be.

Verb
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Nah. Season 5 is the best to me.

Iceman
02-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Top 5:
1. Sawyer
2. Desmond
3. Locke
4. Richard
5. Jack
I'll add a 6 for Michael
I would say these 5 characters really bring the show to life, in my honest opinion. All very important in negative and positive ways. I have enjoyed every character because they all bring something new to the story and the mystery that is Lost.

are you sure that is the alternate universe? What is happening on the island could be the "what could of been."

LooN A TicK
02-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I liked Michael at different times tbh. He just wasn't a good enough character with enough developement for me to care if he's there or not.

Iceman
02-21-2010, 01:12 AM
well that is because he left the show, but he did do the some crazy stuff. man, I love all the characters and Juliet had the most dramatic scene. Hitting the bomb with a rock and cursing at it.

LooN A TicK
02-25-2010, 06:05 PM
I thought this weeks episode was good tbh.
Will go into more detail later.

LooN A TicK
03-03-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPDEoQYBasE

This is a vid a friend linked me too.

This makes me wanna watch from season 1 again =[

mAReDux
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Negative. I am like "mAReDux" - I tend to steer away from the constant conjecturing that is synonymous with Lost. I am in for the ride when I'm viewing it, and it tends to be such a full-frontal viewing experience, that I get caught up in the rigorously entertaining experience. I prefer a subsequent analysis of the given episode(s). Maybe I'm not enough of a Lost aficionado?

No offense intended but talking like that makes you seem like this (http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/808/808_img_11.jpg).

No one talks like that. Frankly, smarts are more about what you're saying rather than how you're saying it. The simpler you explain your thoughts, the easier it is to focus on what you're thinking.

I don't agree, I don't like to think too much about what's going to happen on Lost. It's so entertaining to watch that I just get caught up in what's happening. I prefer to talk about the episode ahead. Maybe I'm not that big of a Lost fanatic.

Like this is just a very simple opinion not even an analysis but you make it sound like Noah Webster was helping you write it.

Not really my concern but it's like someone talking about themselves in third person ; plain annoying.

Truth
03-05-2010, 04:18 AM
No offense intended but talking like that makes you seem like this (http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/808/808_img_11.jpg).

Offense intended, but using images from South Park to portray a point makes you seem like you have the intelligence levels of this person:
http://www.sinemablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/lost-maggie-grace-as-shannon.jpg

No one talks like that.

Nice generalisation. When did you get the time to see how the 6 billion plus inhabitants of earth spoke like? For the record; I do speak like that, in everyday life and here. Do you have a problem because I don't "baa", like you?

Frankly, smarts are more about what you're saying rather than how you're saying it. The simpler you explain your thoughts, the easier it is to focus on what you're thinking.

It's a good thing I have worthwhile points to make, and that I know how to convey them - which is more than I can say for you - isn't it?

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."

I don't agree, I don't like to think too much about what's going to happen on Lost. It's so entertaining to watch that I just get caught up in what's happening. I prefer to talk about the episode ahead. Maybe I'm not that big of a Lost fanatic.

Like this is just a very simple opinion not even an analysis but you make it sound like Noah Webster was helping you write it.

Not really my concern but it's like someone talking about themselves in third person ; plain annoying.

Wait; so conjecturing means think, and analysis means talk, while aficionado means fanatic?

Not really my concern, but someone making a complete idiot out of themselves is plain hilarious.

Poor Noah Webster, having his name defamed like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPDEoQYBasE

That was terrible. Almost as bad as the time some fanboy murdered Clint Mansell's Requiem For A Dream in a Lost montage.

mAReDux
03-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Offense intended, but using images from South Park to portray a point makes you seem like you have the intelligence levels of this person:
http://www.sinemablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/lost-maggie-grace-as-shannon.jpg
Mine actually had a reason and a meaning, yours is an insult. Thank you for having nothing better to respond with but a random insult, you flatter my intelligence .
Nice generalisation. When did you get the time to see how the 6 billion plus inhabitants of earth spoke like? For the record; I do speak like that, in everyday life and here
So we’re not supposed to use figure of speech, we’re supposed to scientifically prove every phrase we use ? ..and I doubt that you do, since you are not talking like that right now. I bet people love you when you do talk like that though. Personally I have not seen a single person talk like that apart from you.
Do you have a problem because I don't "baa", like you?
So by this logic, if I were to make up my own language and use it, I could call everyone else sheep ? Nice.
It's a good thing I have worthwhile points to make, and that I know how to convey them - which is more than I can say for you - isn't it?
"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."
That was just random. You can’t be the judge of that. Personally I have no idea where you think you made worthwhile points.

I think I’m an excellent debater but saying that only looks desperate. So I never do nor do I gloat when the other person gives up. You just debate you don’t rate how everyone is doing.

Personally, when I have a good point to make I’d make sure everyone understands it, explain it as simple as possible. Why would I hide my argument with ridiculously uncommon words that most people probably don’t know, if I really do have something good to say ?

That was my point.
Wait; so conjecturing means think, and analysis means talk, while aficionado means fanatic?
Instead of fixating on the meanings of the words, why don’t you translate what you said into plain English yourself and show me how different it is than what I wrote.

Not really my concern, but someone making a complete idiot out of themselves is plain hilarious.
What’s funny is you resorting to random insults. O YEA WELL UR STUPID
Poor Noah Webster, having his name defamed like that...
..his name was defamed because I said it looked like he helped you write that post ? How is that ?

I told you my opinion, I have no idea why you would be so offended that you would take a simple criticism and turn it into a flame-war. I guess you’ve had similar criticisms before and this has made you sensitive.

Absoyena
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I've never watched Lost, aside from a few episodes when I'm at my girlfriend's place, but that was enough to get me hooked. From what I have seen, I like Locke the most. Also, the biggest question that's on my mind, me being a total Lost Nub: Who the heck is Jacob and what does he have to do with the entire thing D:!

I think the last episode at her place I saw was when Locke took that..eh..one guy I think it was Sawyer, to a small cavern near the sea and showed him the ceiling.

Truth
03-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Mine actually had a reason and a meaning, yours is an insult. Thank you for having nothing better to respond with but a random insult, you flatter my intelligence .

Wait, so labelling someone with a derogatory slang for no justifiable reason has a meaning? Then, when I make a wry comment based upon observation I am responding using a "random insult"? Hypocrisy is funny...

So we’re not supposed to use figure of speech, we’re supposed to scientifically prove every phrase we use ? ..and I doubt that you do, since you are not talking like that right now. I bet people love you when you do talk like that though. Personally I have not seen a single person talk like that apart from you.

Figure of speech? What a sugar coating for a blatant generalisation to bolster your "argument". Talk like what? There is a time and place for everything, and how I speak is dictated by the environment. When I make a point, and provide my opinion, I use words that best suit the given situation. Each word has a purpose, and a distinct significance. I repeat: "Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."

Yes, buddy, all the females grovel at my feet. That is why I speak how I do; it is purely for the kicks.

So by this logic, if I were to make up my own language and use it, I could call everyone else sheep ? Nice.

So you're telling me that I speak my own language, which I also made up? I made my own language just for the thrill! Wait... how are you conversing with me, then? Someone had a big bowl of failure for breakfast this morning... Nice one, too - implying that you speak for "everyone".

That was just random. You can’t be the judge of that. Personally I have no idea where you think you made worthwhile points.

Last time I checked, making a post that pertains to the topic at hand is incontrovertibly worthwhile. Here's the fun part: you tell me how trying to degrade me - by your act of belabour against my manner of speaking - fits in with Lost.

I think I’m an excellent debater but saying that only looks desperate. So I never do nor do I gloat when the other person gives up. You just debate you don’t rate how everyone is doing.

50 cc's of punctuation. Stat!

Personally, when I have a good point to make I’d make sure everyone understands it, explain it as simple as possible. Why would I hide my argument with ridiculously uncommon words that most people probably don’t know, if I really do have something good to say ?

That was my point.

"Ridiculously uncommon words"? Oh that's right, I am speaking with a person who thinks that I am speaking another language, after all. That claim is duly rendered null. That just goes to show, that I ought to take everything you say with a pinch of salt.

Instead of fixating on the meanings of the words, why don’t you translate what you said into plain English yourself and show me how different it is than what I wrote.

Here's a radical concept for you. You and I are speaking the same language! Maybe, just maybe; if you didn't have such a rudimentary understanding of the English language, then you wouldn't feel the need to criticise my manner of speaking as verbose (or whatever you articulately deem it to be.)

I can't believe that you are saying that I fixate on the meaning of words. That is coming from the guy that came into this thread and condemned my use of language as a means of expressing my opinion.

"How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"

What’s funny is you resorting to random insults. O YEA WELL UR STUPID

Here let me break it down for you so that you can comprehend it:

Person comes into thread (that's you.)
Person acts idiotically.
Person gets called an idiot.

Wow; that is so sporadic. That one came straight out of left field!

..his name was defamed because I said it looked like he helped you write that post ? How is that ?

You don't even know what you said. Yes, before you intrude, there is a difference between "sound", and "look". I just felt the need to point out, that even you have no idea what you are saying, and of that which you said previously. Can you not see the irony, in your use of a champion of the English language as a simile in your post?

I told you my opinion, I have no idea why you would be so offended that you would take a simple criticism and turn it into a flame-war. I guess you’ve had similar criticisms before and this has made you sensitive.

How foolish of me! You, out of the goodness of your heart, came in here and offered me very constructive criticism, and expressed it in amiably. You hit the nail on the head so eloquently, that I was offended deeply, and in turn vented my anger on you by hurling unsubstantiated insults successively. I then resorted to flaming you, and all because this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I tried to hide my sensitivity; but you exposed it so vehemently! Is this what you want to hear? Will that give you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside?

Oh, please... Who are you trying to fool? You are so far out of your depth, and up the creek without a paddle, that you feel the need to cover your actions with the veneer of "simple criticism", and "sensitive". "Flame-war"? Another word that you don't know the meaning of... Nice try to justify yourself, though.

It is a good thing that you are so amusing; otherwise replying to your post wouldn't have been so fun!

I've never watched Lost, aside from a few episodes when I'm at my girlfriend's place, but that was enough to get me hooked. From what I have seen, I like Locke the most. Also, the biggest question that's on my mind, me being a total Lost Nub: Who the heck is Jacob and what does he have to do with the entire thing D:!

I think the last episode at her place I saw was when Locke took that..eh..one guy I think it was Sawyer, to a small cavern near the sea and showed him the ceiling.

Jacob is an authority figure on The Island; and, although clouded in mystery, can be described (among other things) as a guardian of the island and is often viewed as in charge of the island - particularly by Benjamin Linus and The Others. He has been known to intervene in the lives of certain Oceanic Flight 815 crash victims - before they ever set foot on The Island - in effect "guiding" them to the island for reasons... unknown? Indubitably he is an integral figure.

That is Episode 4 that you are referring to; and "Locke" took Sawyer to that cave to view the ceiling which has the surviving members of Oceanic Flight 815 referred to as simply numbers. The Numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42) which play a pivotal role throughout the series; are next to the Oceanic Six, if my memory serves me correctly; possibly implying intervention on behalf of Jacob, perhaps preordained too, to protect those referred to as The Numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the correlation between numbers and people was their arrangement on the flight manifest (a list of survivors of the crash).

I hope that clarifies certain patches for you.

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I have never seen someone who says so less so much. I'm going to go ahead and end this right here unless we get a judge or something. Though if you do push me I will reply, believe me. So let me end it for both of our sakes.

Edit : I do have the reply ready to post.

Truth
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I have never seen someone who says so less so much. I'm going to go ahead and end this right here unless we get a judge or something. Though if you do push me I will reply, believe me. So let me end it for both of our sakes.

Edit : I do have the reply ready to post.

I wouldn't like it when you're angry...

Try not to think of it in terms of right and wrong - rather, consider it in lieu of prudence and tolerance. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, and it is critical that you understand that, although you can't always walk a mile in another person's shoes; that does not limit the ability to develop a mutual understanding. I hope that you read my previous post and discern my perspective, so as not to hamper an affable disposition - that which is reciprocal.

Assalamu Alaikum.

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't like it when you're angry...

Try not to think of it in terms of right and wrong - rather, consider it in lieu of prudence and tolerance. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, and it is critical that you understand that, although you can't always walk a mile in another person's shoes; that does not limit the ability to develop a mutual understanding. I hope that you read my previous post and discern my perspective, so as not to hamper an affable disposition - that which is reciprocal.

Assalamu Alaikum.

I have no idea what you just said but I'm taking it positively. It's very big of you.

For what it's worth I didn't intend for it to go so far.

wa alaykum as-salām

Truth
03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Thank you; no harsh feelings.

Would I be right in saying that English isn't your primary language? Could I take it one step further and ask where you reside? I'm leaning towards either the Levant or Asia Minor. No disrespect intended...

To keep on topic - what episode of Lost are you up to?

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
It isn't. I live in Turkey.

I'm up to the latest episode. I actually watched seasons 1-5 just recently, it was a lot easier to keep track when I watched them back-to-back.

Truth
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I see, so it could be inferred that I was a little harsh on you. Are you an ethnic Turk, Kurdish or neither? On the subject of religion - are you Sunni, Shia or neither? I reside in an English-speaking Commonwealth nation, for the record...

I too, watched the first five seasons consecutively.

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I am a Sunni, Turk. Where are you from if I might ask

Truth
03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I am a Sunni, Turk. Where are you from if I might ask

The Pitcairn Islands.

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Looks awesome in Google Images

Truth
03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Looks awesome in Google Images

The congestion is a killer, though.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/pitcairn-island-habitants.jpg

Hey, guess which one is me!

How about you guess where I live - you already know that it is an "English-speaking Commonwealth nation".

mAReDux
03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I have no idea too many people, lol.

England ?

Truth
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I have no idea too many people, lol.

England ?

Not in a million years...

Absoyena
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Jacob is an authority figure on The Island; and, although clouded in mystery, can be described (among other things) as a guardian of the island and is often viewed as in charge of the island - particularly by Benjamin Linus and The Others. He has been known to intervene in the lives of certain Oceanic Flight 815 crash victims - before they ever set foot on The Island - in effect "guiding" them to the island for reasons... unknown? Indubitably he is an integral figure.

That is Episode 4 that you are referring to; and "Locke" took Sawyer to that cave to view the ceiling which has the surviving members of Oceanic Flight 815 referred to as simply numbers. The Numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42) which play a pivotal role throughout the series; are next to the Oceanic Six, if my memory serves me correctly; possibly implying intervention on behalf of Jacob, perhaps preordained too, to protect those referred to as The Numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the correlation between numbers and people was their arrangement on the flight manifest (a list of survivors of the crash).

I hope that clarifies certain patches for you.

Yes, it did. Thanks. I'm watching Season 1 right now, considering to buy the special Lost Boxed series, as watching it on my computer doesn't really..feel right, what with the bad quality and all.

Iceman
03-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure if the numbers refer to the flights manifest, but I do know they are Hurley's Lotto winning numbers as well as the numbers for the hatch.

Lawnbuddha
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
and we've seen that there are (or were) other numbers at the lighthouse. Including numbers for many people who were not part of the Oceanic manifest.

Truth
03-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm not sure if the numbers refer to the flights manifest, but I do know they are Hurley's Lotto winning numbers as well as the numbers for the hatch.

Yes, they do, the numbers that were not crossed out were 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, and were next to Locke, Reyes, Ford, Jarrah, Shephard, and Kwon respectively - evidently not the Oceanic Six as I mistakenly said.

You are right about the other part, too - The Numbers play a pivotal role throughout the series.

and we've seen that there are (or were) other numbers at the lighthouse. Including numbers for many people who were not part of the Oceanic manifest.

Right you are - Jack Shephard was listed at the 23 degree mark of the dial, and Jacob told Hurley to move the dial to 108 degrees.

Absoyena: No problem; just ignore that part about the Oceanic Six in the second paragraph, as I was mistaken.

Iceman
03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I missed the lighthouse episode. I was in college studying for an exam so can anyone give me a summary of what went on during that episode or just at the lighthouse.

LooN A TicK
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I missed the lighthouse episode. I was in college studying for an exam so can anyone give me a summary of what went on during that episode or just at the lighthouse.

Aids.

Truth
03-20-2010, 05:27 AM

You are better off going to "Lostpedia", or "Wikipedia", if you want a comprehensive summary.

LooN A TicK
03-20-2010, 07:28 AM
I found last nights episode below expectations tbh. For a mid season episode, not enough was done or shown. I think the alternate universe thing is a waste of time and they need to get it moving swiftly again now. How the funk do Sawyer and Miles know eachother in the alternate universe? And why for the love of cheese would you bring back the ugly British chick.

I have faith in lost, that they can make up for the shamble that was this weeks episode.

Elixer
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
My. Mind. Is. Filled. With. Awesome.

Last night's episode, to sum it up, was "Richardlivesaloooongtimealmostdiesbecomesimmortala ftergettingpwnedbyjacobbecausehe'ssupposedtouseDog en'sMagicalDagger"

Yeah. The acting...beyond amazing. Richard's actor is now up there with Ben and Locke on my charts.

LooN A TicK
03-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I waited 5 seasons and a half to learn about Richard and I was not disappointed at all. I loved his character the moment I saw him and was always curious to know his story. I had a feeling he was on the Black Rock, so I was happy to see that confirmed. Personally his acting was just amazing in this episode and like you said, he's way up there with our top guys now.

The island is covering hell?

Elixer
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Tonight's episode is going to be delving into Jin and Sun's lives.

Hopefully we get a reunion both in LAX-Land (Alt. timeline) and the island.

LooN A TicK
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
We need to discuss Lost.

U3
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
The island is covering hell?

Thats the conclusion I came up with as well. I'm guessing the black smoke is the devil himself and Jacob was like a gatekeeper? The Richard episode was sweet. I have waited for a long time to find out what his deal was lol

Elixer
04-15-2010, 04:32 PM
There's 5 sides to the war right now.

Team Hurley (Hurley, Sun, Jack, Faraday)
Team Widmore (Widmore and his crew)
Team Unlocke (Unlocke, Sayid, Claire, Kate, Sawyer and the Other Others)
Team Richard (Richard, Ben, and Miles)
Team Island (The Whispers/Peter Pan(that kid who appeared to Unlocke twice, Sawyer once, and Desmond once, Unlocke was with them...that one kid, who ran.))

LooN A TicK
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Actually, Sawyer has a team of his own. He doesn't care about allegance, he just wants off the island and whoever can give it to him, he's with them.

sarajim
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Its all seasons 6 were worth watching but specially season 6.