PDA

View Full Version : The Akatsuki Spy

Shadow
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Well taking quite a bit of advice from Jassie and the internet, I decided to try one more time, without text atm. If you have any ideas for text, please don't hesitate to say so.

Comments? (http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/goldstar63/zetsusig.png)

Revision (http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/goldstar63/zetsusig2.png)

kakashi
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
the c4d is not following the flow of the render, and it's like way too visible. you need to erase some parts of it to make it follow the flow. ask for the background, try using a stock. And also, make it a bit more sharper, and make the border 1px. And that orange fire light source should not be there. It doesn't fit in. D: You're improving though :D

Shadow
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Posted a revised version. Does that look better?

kakashi
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes, the c4d was messing it up :/ and also, try changing the background to a stock image instead. See how that turns out..

Shadow
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm a tad confused by what you mean. I used a stock as my base, but the c4ds disguise it.

Despair From the Dark
02-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Nice.

kakashi
02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh.. I see it now.. Hmm try changing the c4ds then.. Maybe use fractals instead of the 3d ones?

Shadow
02-05-2010, 12:31 AM
hmm.. lemme try that...

Jassie
02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
You dont really need to switch to fractals.The C4Ds should match the render in flow and look.C4Ds should also not be used as a main background to often.Try taking a stock(with your focal already on it) and adding effects to that.I usually blur the background of the stock slightly with the blur tool, sharpen the focal, add effects, then lighting.

And speaking of lighting I see you added some.However when you lighten parts you should also darken spots as well(I dont most of the time but apparently you are supposed to).Easiest way to add lighting is to make a foreground to transparent(white or whatever color your light will be) radial gradient where your light is gonna be.Then set the layer to overlay and adjust the opacity(this is assuming you didnt already know all of this :| )

Anyways as Kakashi said.You definitely are getting better :] Just read some more tuts and maybe download some xcfs to learn from.

Arvin
02-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Nice banner but the light on top of Zetsu's head is a bit disturbing. Well that's just me xD