PDA

View Full Version : For those who have the Jap. HG/SS

Absoyena
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Did you guys notice as well that these games seem to be a little bit harder than the original Gold and Silver?

As in, the E4's pokemon are slightly stronger(and ofcourse have fitting moves/new moves). But also the Gym Leaders are stronger and all.

It may just be me, but this seems a bit more challenging.
Also, it irritates me to no end that I can't get Rock Climb until very late-game, so I have to skip all those parts..very annoying..

Tim
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Lolno.
Miltank[3rd gym] went down some levels.

SangoLove
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
No idea, since I never played any game after Pokemon Yellow, until now =x.

EDIT:
But I do wish that the gym leaders we're a bit higher and had more pokes to battle =/.

Absoyena
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Tim, it only went down 1 level and is still annoying as hell! I redirect you to my signature about Clefairy etc.

Sango, yeah, I wish there'd be more training opportunities, and also more pokemon to choose from before the E4, because I usually end up with a standard team battling the E4(The game's legend, starter, Red Gyarados, etc..)

Though I managed to get original this time. Caught NOTHING, only used the pokemon that are considered "one off". So that's: (in order of availability) Starter(Cynda), Togepi, Eevee, Red Gyara, Dratini from the Dragon's Den(Extremespeed yes) and the legend from the game. All lv 45, sailed through the E4 with ease, little trouble at Lance, due to ineffective moves. I could've used Lapras but it was monday and I didn't want to wait..

(Edit: That was a whole bunch of extra information that you didn't ask for..xD)

But yes, I agree with you Sango, also I wish I could understand what the trainers were saying when they were going for a rematch. I hate having to check my pokegear everytime I get a phone call. (There's an exclamation mark next to the route's name if you have a rematch/item waiting for you)

Tim
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Abso, check serebii? Pretty sure they had a whole translation thing.

Jassie
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I wish I could understand what the trainers were saying when they were going for a rematch.

You bought a Japanese game and you dont speak Japanese o: ?

BattleDance
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Very excited about facing the E4 when the American HG/SS comes out. Since I started playing in the 3rd Generation, I've been used to the champion having 50+ level Pokemon, so the level 50 cap is going to be a cakewalk.

Absoyena
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
You bought a Japanese game and you dont speak Japanese o: ?

Of course not. I just wanted to know how the game looked like, and if it was any fun.

iPlaypokemon
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
is that red guy still at mount silver?

Tim
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
is that red guy still at mount silver?

Red, and yes, he is.