PDA

View Full Version : I need good animes

Jawa
12-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I need good animes to watch over the Christmas break. So recommend some please. Thanks. ;)

Xynic
12-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Pokemon :D

Jawa
12-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Pokemon :D
Lmfao. Nah, I watched all the way to Hoenn and lost interest.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Kind of hard when we don't know what anime you like.

Jawa
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, I'll probably watch anything, so genre doesn't really matter to me. But I do like sport animes, action/adventure, comedy, and a little romance doesn't hurt. Sci-fi and mecha also interest me. A lot of animes probably falls under that, but whatever.

Hantsuki
12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Bokurano is pretty good and it falls under the mecha genre that you're interested in. It's a rather different anime compared to most others and it has an interesting plot twist.

Full Metal Panic is a great mecha/comedy anime (especially Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU). I would suggest watching Full Metal Panic first and then watching FUMOFFU. I watched FUMOFFU first and I found it very funny that the first series failed to entertain me as much.

Fate/Stay Night is action/adventure/supernatural with some comedy and romance. The animation is superb and the plot is somewhat complex like Bokurano, so if you are looking strictly for entertainment, then I would rule those two out.

Mai Hime is a famous comedy/action/mecha/shoujo-ai anime. If shoujo-ai isn't your thing, you shouldn't worry about seeing it explicitly in this anime. It's all pretty subtle. The boy/girl relationships stand out a lot more than the girl/girl relationships they are hinting at. Still, that's not the focus of the anime - the comedy was what made this anime a win. If you enjoy this one, you should watch the sequel: Mai Otome. It's pretty much mostly the same characters or new characters with similar personalities in an alternate universe.

If you like unique anime, I have a couple of those to recommend as well.

Jawa
12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
I was planning to watch Full Metal Panic and Fate/Stay Night! Now I definitely will. Also, I'll check out Bokurano and Mai Hime. If you don't mind Hantsuki, would you post those unique animes? Thanks a ton!

Hantsuki
12-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Will do!

Shigofumi impressed me because it developed into something more complicated than the summary can explain. Even though it's basically about a mail-carrier Fumika who delivers a deceased person's letter to their loved ones, it's a lot more complicated than that.

Shinigami no Ballad is somewhat similar to Shigofumi as far as having someone interact with dead people, but this series doesn't really have much of a plot as Shigofumi. I would watch this one first, so it won't be as disappointing, but it's still one of those anime that you should watch just so you can experience a slice of life genre.

Bokurano is the other unique anime, or at least different in a way for falling under the "horror" genre, but either way, I've already suggested that one.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is one of my personal favorites. It's probably the anime that got me started at looking into other anime that are not as popular. It's a short, but sweet series. Almost like a Romeo and Juliet theme as far as how they portray the boy and girl's relationship as never being able to work because of their health. Anyway, it's worth watching for the drama and the comedy. Another slice of life for you!

That's pretty much the end of the unique anime that I can think of for the moment. Itazura na Kiss is another one I would recommend, but I have no idea how much romance you can stand. This isn't exactly "lovey dovey" romance because the male character in this anime is playing hard to get, but this anime is well-worth watching for the comedy anyway.

And since you said you will probably watch F/SN, I would suggest checking out Shingetsutan Tsukihime, too. They were both made by the same creators, and even though I think Tsukihime cannot compete with F/SN, it's still fun to watch. I suggest reading the manga though. It's a lot better.

And just for fun, I'll recommend Detroit Metal City, but I'm not sure what kind of comedy you're into. The comedy in it is, let's say "dirty," but if you can get over that, then you can have fun just watching it. And if extreme comedy is not for you, then I don't suggest checking it out, but anyways, there's plenty of "WTF" moments in this one.

iMew
12-20-2009, 04:30 AM
I am the law.
Deathnote =P

Elazul
12-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Yamato Nadeshiko - Shichi Henge
Witchblade
Getbackers
Chrno Crusade
Darker Than Black
Vampire Knight
Slam Dunk ;x
Busou Renkin
Ichigo 100%
Ouran Host Club

xlossage
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
My favourite one is Naruto.

Watch Naruto!

Its awesome... Really... It is!

hoilori
12-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Naruto, love hina, bleach, chobits, full metal alchemist
and so on

Jawa
12-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Hantsuki: Thanks. I'll definitely look into all of them. :)

iMew: Watched it, but thanks.

Elazul: Thanks, I'll check them out. I already watched some of DtB and Slam Dunk. ;)

hoilori: I'll look it Love Hina. Thanks.

Ray
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I would recommend Nabari no Ou, Gintama, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (r2), Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Darker than Black, and 11Eyes as they all have an amazing plot (except Gintama, which is more of a parody anime) and have awesome voice actors. xD

guon
12-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Well, if you watch FSN and Tsukihime, you should check out Kara no Kyoukai as well.

Absoyena
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, not sure if you've already watched them but:

Claymore
Ga-Rei, though I'm not too sure about whether I'd recommend that one..

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, I'll probably watch anything, so genre doesn't really matter to me. But I do like sport animes, action/adventure, comedy, and a little romance doesn't hurt. Sci-fi and mecha also interest me. A lot of animes probably falls under that, but whatever.

Well if that's the case I recommned to you Hantsuki and Amatsuki.

Naruke
12-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Naruto Shipuuden
Glass fleet
xxxHolic (is that how it's spelled?)
Case Closed
Clannad (Best Anime I've seen, It's also a Romantic/Comedy/Drama anime as well.)
Special A

Darklance
12-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Code Geass!

Ali syed
12-24-2009, 02:27 PM
try ghost in shell, lucky star, bleach and gundum seed and gundum wing

Vampire
12-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Kenichi the first deciple

Freija
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
I recommend Bakemonogatari, it might be a bit hard to get at times but it's worth watching.

Jawa
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the responses! Wow, I'm gonna need to make a checklist. Almost finished Fate/Stay Night too. It's awesome! I think I'm gonna try the game once I'm finished.

guon
12-27-2009, 10:27 PM
FSN: Unlimited Blade Works comes out in a month or so D:

Totally need to check that out ;x

Jawa
12-28-2009, 12:57 AM
After watching the show I must say I can't wait for the movie. :D

Rayden007
12-28-2009, 08:12 AM
lol heres a small list of wat i watchd (and would advice others)

Bleach
Naruto
Naruto Shippuuden
Flame of Recca
Samurai X
Get Backers
Idaten Jump
Slam DunK
Dear Boys(Basketball anime.. similar to slam dunk)
Hunter x Hunter [Amazed no1 mentioned it yet O_O]
If ur into mmorpg stuff : .hack\\sign series ...
Daigunder
Inuyasha
Inuyasha : Final Act [Quite Awesome]
Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood

shanny02
12-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Naruto
Bleach

Absoyena
12-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Why so necropost?

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Naruto
Bleach

Good job bumping a year old thread with the two worst animes of the decade.

Kansas
01-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Family guy its a trap is the good anime show I am watching right now.. You should also watch this lovely anime

dolby
01-14-2011, 03:11 AM
I recommend you to watch Bleach..