PDA

View Full Version : My Golden Birthday Was 25 Years Ago

Shrimpy
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Per Wikipedia:

A person's Golden or Grand Birthday, also referred to as their "Lucky Birthday", "Champagne Birthday" or "Star Birthday", occurs when they turn the age of their birth day (e.g., when someone born on the 25th of the month turns 25).

Well, it's that time of year again. In a little bit the TPPC clock will strike midnight on August 2nd, meaning it's time for the TPPC Shrimpy's Golden Promo! For those of you who are unfamiliar with today, here's how it works:

On August 2nd, certain Golden Pokemon can be unlocked by taking 3 specific Pokemon and 3 specific items to Evolution Gym and defeating Evolva. When you beat her, your starting Pokemon will transform into a Golden version of itself. In just a bit, I'll be releasing clues to help you figure out which 3 Pokemon and which 3 items you'll need in order to unlock a Golden. Even though this year there are two Golden Pokemon obtainable, you are only able to get one per account, so you will have to choose wisely.

Now a few rules, you can discuss the clues we give you in the Official Golden Promo Discussion thread that will be popping up shortly as well as the chat room. This is supposed to be a community effort, so it's not cheating to solve it with others. You can get a Golden Pokemon in any of your accounts that have existed for a decent amount of time. You may not create an account for the sole purpose of getting a Golden Pokemon. If you do so, not only will you lose your account's original Golden as well as any others you created, but your main account will also be banned. Remember, moderators have a tool now that makes it a lot easier to find where newly created Golden Pokemon are. It is highly advised that you do not trade any of your Golden Pokemon within the next week since we consider doing so to be very questionable.

With all that said, here's a bit of forewarning. Both the main site and the forums will be sluggish/unresponsive during parts of August 2nd, just because our traffic practically doubles during Golden Day. It's going to happen and there's little I'm going to be able to do about it. Sorry in advance. Also, since my birthday falls on a weekday this year and I enjoy getting a full night's sleep during the week, I'll be giving out a whole bunch of vague clues early and then (as the moderators and I see fit) we'll give more specific clues to help narrow things down.

Hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I plan to!

Shrimpy
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Throwing up some early clues!

Golden Promo #1
Pokemon 1: Look out below! / You'll hear my name right before the tree comes down
Item 1: Definitely not for the average peasant.
Pokemon 2: Not Bruce, But I Can Fight
Item 2: Play that funky music / I may play a sweet melody, but I'm more fond of the blues.
Pokemon 3: This lady can really light it up
Item 3: Don't be envious / When she was here, there was no place like home

Golden Promo #2
Pokemon 1: I'm a pretty polar Pokemon / I have a certain allure, but my attraction is purely physical.
Item 1: A mage is well-known to play this spin on an old favorite. / You're it!
Pokemon 2: Ugh, what smells?
Item 2: In another Nintendo game, I pop out of boxes
Pokemon 3: I love to play in the rain, even if it's lightning out / While I'm not known for a meme, I'm quite similar to the one people like.
Item 3: Commonly mistaken for fare for public transit.

Shrimpy
08-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Just put up some more clues, but now I'm headed to bed. The other moderators may put up some more clues soon, but there should be enough for you all to figure it out by now!

Piggachew
08-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Nuclear launch detected.

aaaahhh noooo omggg wat goin on

Piggachew
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
*distant explosion*

Piggachew
08-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Nuclear launch detected.

guys wtf goin on omgggg we get nukd???

Piggachew
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
*more explosion*

Piggachew
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
You may now trade your golden Pokemon. Anybody who has been banned may send me a PM including your account #('s) and any information you have and I will respond sometime soon.

Piggachew
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Also, a side note, there will be further decline in numbers of goldens with more recent bans. It should mostly affect Magnemite, but all goldens will likely drop a bit in number.