PDA

View Full Version : Idea about the maintenance.

Tim
01-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Accounts that haven't been used in a month, only get checked with maintenance once a week.

I don't know if it's possible, but I think one of the main problems with maintenance taking so long, is that there are too many accounts that are usable, but aren't used.

Elris
01-30-2010, 08:47 AM
okay so lets say
account A is an old account that's never used but has a shinyrhyperior lv5000 and is ranked #1
account B that is used fairly often has a shinyrhyperior lv3000 and is ranked #2
~
so if the maintenence is held once a week for account A
that would mean that account A would be ranked #1 for 1 day a week
and since the rest of the week maintenence is not held for account A
account B would be #1 for 6 days
~
did i get all that correct
if so then it would be unfair to high ranking users who rarely play but still own the top pokemon.

Tim
01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
okay so lets say
account A is an old account that's never used but has a shinyrhyperior lv5000 and is ranked #1
account B that is used fairly often has a shinyrhyperior lv3000 and is ranked #2
~
so if the maintenence is held once a week for account A
that would mean that account A would be ranked #1 for 1 day a week
and since the rest of the week maintenence is not held for account A
account B would be #1 for 6 days
~
did i get all that correct
if so then it would be unfair to high ranking users who rarely play but still own the top pokemon.No, their ranks would stay, but be updated once a week, instead of being checked every day, they would get checked once a week. If someone gets a higher rank, they just move one down.

Like I said, I don't know if it's possible.

TeeTen
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Why don't they just update the whole rpg once a week or so, it'd be much easier.

JJ7
01-31-2010, 04:42 AM
per week is too long...

lionclaw753
01-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Why don't they just update the whole rpg once a week or so, it'd be much easier.

You Are So RIGHT!!
I Wish They Would Just Update It Once A Week..
Like On Fridays..
If Not 1 Then 2..
Like Fridays And Mondays..

Tim
01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
per week is too long...

Why would it be too long? Once they get checked, and they are active, they get the daily maintenance thing.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
There's just simply no way this can be done. The updates have to go through each account to keep it accurate. Let give an example using my account. On the faction rank I vary between 55 to 46. Now let's say I don't go on the game for a while because something happens and I can't. When I get back and I haven't been updated that means that whoever took my place while I was gone doesn't get it because I can't be moved under this idea. That's not fair to other people. Inactive accounts can still have an active affect on the game.

Absoyena
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
There's just simply no way this can be done. The updates have to go through each account to keep it accurate. Let give an example using my account. On the faction rank I vary between 55 to 46. Now let's say I don't go on the game for a while because something happens and I can't. When I get back and I haven't been updated that means that whoever took my place while I was gone doesn't get it because I can't be moved under this idea. That's not fair to other people. Inactive accounts can still have an active affect on the game.

No, not really. As I see it, if you're not active, and someone else gets a higher Faction Rank than you, you just move one spot down(or more, depending on how many people pass you in that week). It does affect your rank, but your account just doesn't get checked, so it doesn't get a potential moving up or down. Which it would not have done even if it had been checked, because you weren't there.

All in all, this seems a rather good idea, IF it is possible. That would reduce lag by alot, or at least, for those 6 weeks those accounts aren't checked. Because I can imagine people having 20 accounts or more, will suddenly not get checked. And if people want their pokemon to have higher rankings, they should be working for it. Being inactive doesn't show real will to be ranked higher(ofcourse, this only applies to when you purposely stay inactive). I mean, a king who has worked his way up through sheer effort, and when he becomes king, he doesn't do anything at all, I wouldn't want that person to be king, would you? In my opinion, people who aren't active don't deserve to be high ranking members. Sure, you may have worked for it in the past, but past results give no promise for the future. Same with stocks and business, right? If you want to stay on top, you have to keep working.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
No, not really. As I see it, if you're not active, and someone else gets a higher Faction Rank than you, you just move one spot down(or more, depending on how many people pass you in that week).

That right there is all I needed to read. According to this idea that would not be possible. If an account is moved it is updated for that day. Plain and simple. This idea would disallow that to happen thus it could not be moved because it would be getting the daily update that maintence does. Therefore the account would basically be frozen in the rankings and immvoable.

Despair From the Dark
01-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Is a couple of hours without gameplay really so important to some people?

JJ7
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
maybe the time/schedule isn't wat they expected...i got home from school going to the laptop wanting to play but need to wait 2 hours for maintenance...then dinner...so no time to play...

01kjoscelyne
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
how about just stagger the maintenance times, like have a set schedule:-

monday -- 00.00 - 03.00
tuesday -- 03.00 - 06.00
wednesday -- 06.00 - 09.00
thursdays -- 09.00 - 12.00
friday -- 12.00 - 15.00
saturday -- 15.00 - 18.00
sunday -- 18.00 - 24.00 (big maintence mayby clearing inactive accounts or whatever?)

PurplePeopleEater
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Is a couple of hours without gameplay really so important to some people?

For us that sit there from 5:00 to like 8:45 in the morning, with not a damn thing to do, kiddy shows on t.v, and unable to sleep, yes?

Despair From the Dark
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
There are other things to do for two hours besides a Pokemon RPG.

ramonte28
02-02-2010, 05:57 AM
i have an idea also about maintenace:
just separate it into 4 session :)
ex:
4:00-430 first
9:00-9:00 second
1:00-1:50 thrid
4:00-4:20 last

ramonte28
02-02-2010, 06:00 AM
how about just stagger the maintenance times, like have a set schedule:-

monday -- 00.00 - 03.00
tuesday -- 03.00 - 06.00
wednesday -- 06.00 - 09.00
thursdays -- 09.00 - 12.00
friday -- 12.00 - 15.00
saturday -- 15.00 - 18.00
sunday -- 18.00 - 24.00 (big maintence mayby clearing inactive accounts or whatever?)

oh idont see but that im like for:)

JJ7
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
but isnt it will make the users confuse about what time will it be maintenance?

Tim
02-02-2010, 07:37 AM
That right there is all I needed to read. According to this idea that would not be possible. If an account is moved it is updated for that day. Plain and simple. This idea would disallow that to happen thus it could not be moved because it would be getting the daily update that maintence does. Therefore the account would basically be frozen in the rankings and immvoable.

It would NOT get checked, but automatically moved down.

#1 - Level 2000
#2 - Level 1990

1 is inactive, so doesn't get checked.
Day 1, everything stays the same.
Day 2, guy 2 starts training, and gets to 1999. maintenance edits his level on the ranks
Day 3, guy 2 gets to 2001. maintenance edits his level on the ranks, and puts him before #1. #1 gets moved down.

Kife
03-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Shrimpy fixed the maintenance problem, so locked.