PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Messi VS Cristiano Ronaldo

Nucleus
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Who do you think is better? I personally think Messi is a lot better. He's swift, can run with the ball at unbelievable speed and his dribbling is a lot better than Ronaldo's. All Ronaldo can do is some fancy step-overs and shoot powerful shots. I've got to admit his freekicks are pretty good but overall, Messi owns him. Your opinions?

bigboel
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Who do you think is better? I personally think Messi is a lot better. He's swift, can run with the ball at unbelievable speed and his dribbling is a lot better than Ronaldo's. All Ronaldo can do is some fancy step-overs and shoot powerful shots. I've got to admit his freekicks are pretty good but overall, Messi owns him. Your opinions?

I love you so much for this, i thought that this was going to be a problem in our relationship, but i agree CR9 got nothing on Messi.

Nucleus
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I love you so much for this, i thought that this was going to be a problem in our relationship, but i agree CR9 got nothing on Messi.

Messi's better than Ronaldo is everything except free-kicks. Not to mention, Messi's humble and doesn't show off. On the other hand, Ronaldo is an ***.

bigboel
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Messi's better than Ronaldo is everything except free-kicks. Not to mention, Messi's humble and doesn't show off. On the other hand, Ronaldo is an ***.

Ronaldo thinks the team is about him, i still can't believe he's worth 100 million.

war of time
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Maradona and Roberto Carlos trumps all these new "stars".

Jawa
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Messi for sure.

litld
06-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Messi for sure.

Upvoted.

Nucleus
06-24-2011, 06:01 AM

Messi has imitated the 'Hand Of God' and 'Goal of the Century'. He is only 24 and has achieved so much. Maradona himself declared Messi his successor. All that's left for him to win is a world cup. As for Carlos, all I see good about him is his free-kicks and shots.

ehsan
06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Messi is better

Ronaldo is more to with Skills and free kicks

Messi can dribble with the ball so much and creates so many chances
Ronaldo Can't Dribble like messi but his skills are better then messi's and well his free kicks
Just watch him the world cup or his free kick against Portsmouth when he was playing for man u

Over i give the title to Messi
that why he is my favorite player in the world

Also because Ronalo is diver
Look at how many dives he does in a match

war of time
06-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Messi has imitated the 'Hand Of God' and 'Goal of the Century'. He is only 24 and has achieved so much. Maradona himself declared Messi his successor. All that's left for him to win is a world cup. As for Carlos, all I see good about him is his free-kicks and shots.

Part of the reason why Maradona would declare Messi his "successor" is because they're both Argentinans, and Messi's the next outstanding Argentine soccer player after Maradona.
Carlos is just amazing because of his free-kicks and shots...imo, one of the best in soccer.

GoldenHeracross(?)
06-25-2011, 01:12 AM
I hate Ronaldo.

On second thought, hate is a strong word. I dislike Ronaldo.

ehsan
06-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Lol

i wouldn't hate him or dislike

Hes got talent

Nucleus
06-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Messi is better

Ronaldo is more to with Skills and free kicks

Messi can dribble with the ball so much and creates so many chances
Ronaldo Can't Dribble like messi but his skills are better then messi's and well his free kicks
Just watch him the world cup or his free kick against Portsmouth when he was playing for man u

Over i give the title to Messi
that why he is my favorite player in the world

Also because Ronalo is diver
Look at how many dives he does in a match

When you say 'skills' you mean those stepovers and all those little show-off tricks of his right? Yeah, they don't help when in a game so they don't really matter. He can't chip like Messi, he can't dribble like Messi, he can't pass like Messi and you know what's the best thing about Messi? He falls down, he gets up. No whining, no crying and no bullshit.

Part of the reason why Maradona would declare Messi his "successor" is because they're both Argentinans, and Messi's the next outstanding Argentine soccer player after Maradona.
Carlos is just amazing because of his free-kicks and shots...imo, one of the best in soccer.

When Messi wins the world cup everyone will agree he's better than Maradona. Even I agree Carlos is pretty amazing but he doesn't create such an impact on the game as Messi. Messi gets a goal in almost every match of his and don't forget the assists.

Anidamaru
06-25-2011, 07:38 AM
No no, Pele and Johan Cruyff :)

As for topic, of course Messi. I dislike Barcelona but I have to admit he's magician when it comes to football.

i2GD
06-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Messi plays football because he loves what he does, Ronaldo is mostly out for the money.. he was willing to go to M.city if he got 400,000 weekly wage -___-'

Epic
06-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Ronaldo isn't as good as he was, when Real Madrid were playing their first match against Barcelona, Messi made Ronaldo look like crap.

Sergio Ramos > All.

war of time
06-26-2011, 12:18 PM
No no, Pele and Johan Cruyff :)

As for topic, of course Messi. I dislike Barcelona but I have to admit he's magician when it comes to football.

Yes, yes. :)

@Nucleus - eh, still, nothing like the old days. With all the press line theory and shiz, it's been sort of mediocre watching soccer nowadays.

Zeref
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Zinedine Zidane.

war of time
06-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Zinedine Zidane.

Truely the best header out there.

DarKing
06-27-2011, 10:25 AM
i think ronaldo is better cuz he takes responsablity even when his team is loosing he tries as hard as he can to win the game for the team even if he does it on his own i think ronaldo is better cuz when he scores his goals are from distance and i like his goals best messi i believe is good player but he wouldnt be as good if xavi and iniesta were not on his team cuz they are the brain behind barca and they dont get enough credit for it its always messi this and messi that when xavi and iniesta should get the credit but thats just my opinion :P

danielg89
06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Messi all the way. He is the best footballer in the world. He is way faster then anyone on any pitch. He has more skill then Ronaldo, but he doesn't show it because Messi isn't that type of player he'd rather pass the ball around instead of doing it all himself, which he probably could do if he wanted to. Anyone else think Messi could have been an Argentine Olympic sprinter if he didn't play football?

war of time
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Messi all the way. He is the best footballer in the world. He is way faster then anyone on any pitch. He has more skill then Ronaldo, but he doesn't show it because Messi isn't that type of player he'd rather pass the ball around instead of doing it all himself, which he probably could do if he wanted to. Anyone else think Messi could have been an Argentine Olympic sprinter if he didn't play football?

Sprinters and soccer players train fundamentally different muscles.

dextrouse
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Messi in any team would make them dominate. For example, if he moved to, shall we say Dagenham and Redbridge FC, he would make them a challenger for the Premier League, but not the best because with Barcelona you also have the likes of Xavi and Andres Iniesta with Messi.

My Ronaldo comment would be a bit biased, since he used to play for United, and I love Man Utd with all my heart. Good skill and makes the right decision most of the times. But his problem is diving, "hogging" the ball and his team relies on him too much.

So yeah, Messi all the way.

Vash
07-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Messi hands down. Ronaldo is very good, but he's not Messi good. There are specific things you can compare, such as Messi's ability to manipulate the ball while dribbling unlike any human being ever should or Ronaldo's free kicks, but what really sets Messi apart is his humility. When he scores, you can see the passion and love he has for the game in how he celebrates. Even when his team scores, he still shows that same passion while celebrating with them. Ronaldo's ego holds him back, and it's disappointing really. He has so much talent, but he wastes it because he spends half the game flopping and the other half complaining. When he does score, you can see arrogance pour from him. Messi loves it more.

laNd_0f_KURD
08-12-2011, 06:31 AM
ronaldinho is better than both of them combined period.

regifan
08-13-2011, 01:20 AM
In overall, Messi is way better than Ronaldo. I have to admit that Ronaldo is able execute some amazing freekicks and cool soccer tricks. However, I just don't like how he always shows off his talent and somewhat ruin the basic elements of the game. On the other hand, Messi has incredible dribbling skills and he is able to shoot the ball no matter how many defenders are there and how sharp the angle is. Messi is just too good for Ronaldo. Period.

jdaone
08-13-2011, 02:07 AM
I like to watch ronaldo, but messi.

Moltres
08-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't think Messi could survive in the Premier league. To me compared to spanish football English football is much too rough. I prefer Ronaldo but right now Messi is a better player. Then again I don't think Messi could lead some teams to victory. He could get the balls to them but the chances of them getting the ball to Messi or scoring a goal from a Messi pass like the Barcelona players such as Iniesta.