PDA

View Full Version : opinions on macs.

Marluxia
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Well...I wanna save money for a macbook. But is it worth it? 999$ is a little much......I'd like to hear a few opinions, please?

The
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Get an HP

Marluxia
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
meh,heard some bad things about them and I personally don't like hp's.

The
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Alienware?

Marluxia
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
never heard of it.

The
01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Toshiba?

Fatal
01-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Alienware?
funny

macs are great and usually stable, just extremely overpriced for sometimes hardware that costs much, much less.

if you really want a (cheaper) laptop, get a lenovo.

The
01-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I was just gonna suggest that ;x
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5220689&Sku=T71-15607

Jefff
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
If you like the way they look, you'll be fulfilled in every way.

(Not that they don't do anything beyond looking good, some people are just so stuck up about having an ugly computer, they can't stand that some people enjoy nice looking computers).

Ssgoku
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Is Macbook that thin laptop or something else? o.o

Fatal
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Is Macbook that thin laptop or something else? o.o
macbooks are.. macs. you know, the white Apple laptops? most of them nowadays are pretty thin.
http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Darkheart
01-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I never thought Mac anything was really worth the difference in price... not for anything I'd ever use. I'm super cheap and super practical though, so any of this iStuff doesn't matter to me and/or is an unnecessary cost really. I don't really have a preference otherwise.

I think both Macs and PCs can look nice. I've used them both, too, and both for long enough to know them pretty well. I can do anything I'd ever want to do on this PC and it cost me like 1/3 the amount of a Macthing. *shrugs*

If you have lots of money to toss at something, then go for whatever you want, be it a Mac or not. Only you really know what you want it for or what you can use. They're great for some purposes, and just so-so and overpriced on a lot of others.

Fatal
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
to elaborate, Mac is generally more professional and suited for business.. it also has some great specialized tools for video editing, etc.

if you want to game or just simply browse, a PC would be easier on your budget.

parts for my computer cost $320 (without case or HDD/DVD) and hardware is equivalent to better than most macbooks, whereas macbooks cost $999+.

my friend's laptop cost < $600 for equivalent/better specs.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I got a 160 gig Eee netbook with one gig of ram for less than 250 USD. I think it's crazy to spend a 1000 of any curreny on a macbook that's probably the same thing anyway.

Jefff
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Probably the same thing? Your Eee has a glowing Apple light on the back? Your Eee has two gBs or ram? Your Eee has a 13" screen? Your Eee has a multitouch trackpad? Your Eee has a trackpad that's even big enough to use? Your Eee's keyboard lights up when it gets dark? Your Eee has a 64 bit processor, and a 64bit operating system? Your Eee allows you to search all of the files on your computer really fast by pressing command-space? Your Eee will also look up words in the dictionary, contacts you've added and even do any calculations you enter?

Just wondering

Marluxia
01-23-2010, 01:51 PM
eh,thanks for the advice I'm gonna see if my friend who has one likes it. I have alot of headaches with pc's. I can probably find one at a lower price somehow. I'll take the advice on other laptops. Thanks!

AeSix
01-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Contact me on the chats and I'll help you find the right laptop for you.
What is good for one person may not be good for another. Like a gaming laptop is cool and all, but if all your playing is TPPC, you can use a much older laptop - i.e. much less expensive. If you're doing graphics work, then you'll want something that can handle that. If you need something you can take with you, then you'll want something lighter weight, smaller and with a good battery life. If you want to watch movies and streaming video, then you'll want something with a bigger screen...

see, lots of options. I used to charge $80 and hour to help people figure out what they need in their computers. Ofcourse I'm offering to you for free.