PDA

View Full Version : HTML Coding

darkage
01-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey So Im in the process of creating a website using nothing but html codes. This is my first time so i dont know all the codes. I currently use notepad++ which is similar to dreamweaver. I need help setting up a server side script so i can have a login and registration page. so basically how do u add a members area in html
i understand that you need like a php file and other scripts, but can someone help me set up my login and registration page?

Xix
01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
You need to know Php, Sql and Javascript(Optional) , database, etc....
Then you will know how to make RPG.

I dont know any of these except Php and Html..

darkage
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
this is not for an rpg
this is for a entertainment website that has nothing to do with tppc or pokemon
so does anybody know how to add a login/registration page?

The
01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Well if you have files, it's a different story, but If you already have a ready made site.. go with what you have.

darkage
01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
i havent released it yet and still have files
so what do i have 2 do?

Fatal
01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey So Im in the process of creating a website using nothing but html codes. ... I need help setting up a server side script so i can have a login and registration page.
irony.

go learn PHP and MySQL databases. CSS too, while you're at it.

you won't be able to make a login without PHP or databases.

darkage
01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
can someone teach me?

Fatal
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
...no, no one will dedicate that much time to a single person.

learn it yourself, google 'php tutorials and examples' ?

The
01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
before learning php.. you might want to learn Javascript.

AeSix
01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey So Im in the process of creating a website using nothing but html codes. This is my first time so i dont know all the codes. >>>> I currently use notepad++ which is similar to dreamweaver. <<<< I need help setting up a server side script so i can have a login and registration page. so basically how do u add a members area in html
i understand that you need like a php file and other scripts, but can someone help me set up my login and registration page?

No it's not. Fatal's right. You're an idiot. Dreamweaver is way different than notepad++. And you can't use html to write login scripts. You use a scripting language, such as PHP, Python, even Java. You need a database of some sort or another to have the user information stored. Storing this in a flat file is about as stupid as saying Notepad++ is like dreamweaver.