PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Language forum

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 05:06 AM
I think it would be cool if we had a sub forum just for people when they wanted to type in a different language. That way, there's no one getting upset about when it happens elsewhere and people may even be able to use that forum to teach others language a little.

GoldenEye
12-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds Good, 10/10

Tim
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Already asked before, was declined because of the new amount of staff needed, or something like that..

Antonx9
12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Already asked before, was declined because of the new amount of staff needed, or something like that..

The idea is good, I think... but Tim is right... :/

Also, Tim?

Tim = Timmah from the old forums? :)

abhiraj005
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
agreed^^

Tim
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Tim = Timmah from the old forums? :)

Yeah..

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't believe that for a damn thing. It's not that hard nominate one or two people to manage the forum and if anything, a lot more people have to translate the english so i think it's fair that if the staff can't "hire" if you will, people to mangae such a sub-forum that they should have be more accomindating to foreign language speakers.

Infinity
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
i dont really agree with this since people can curse/fight in a language Mods/Admins dont understand and when they get reported & banned for it they would just say "its not a curse" "its a figure of speech" "its a common thing to say when you speak w/e language" etc :/
and others can report people that they hate and say they cursed in a deferent Language (which they did not) [just to get them banned]

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
i dont really agree with this since people can curse/fight in a language Mods/Admins dont understand and when they get reported & banned for it they would just say "its not a curse" "its a figure of speech" "its a common thing to say when you speak w/e language" etc :/
and others can report people that they hate and say they cursed in a deferent Language (which they did not) [just to get them banned]

See that would work excpt it doesn't. Profanity is profanity and regardless of culture it's against the rules. And online translaters are not hard to find. The problem you pose doesn't exist.

Jassie
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
if the staff can't "hire" if you will, people to mangae such a sub-forum that they should have be more accomindating to foreign language speakers.

Its not TPPC's job to be more welcoming to people who speak foreign languages.

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't believe that for a damn thing. It's not that hard nominate one or two people to manage the forum and if anything, a lot more people have to translate the english so i think it's fair that if the staff can't "hire" if you will, people to mangae such a sub-forum that they should have be more accomindating to foreign language speakers.
Fair .. huh..?
Not gonna happen -.-

Misterpokemon
12-17-2009, 05:19 PM
See that would work excpt it doesn't. Profanity is profanity and regardless of culture it's against the rules. And online translaters are not hard to find. The problem you pose doesn't exist.

Nobody want's to use an online translator every 5 minutes to see if something is a bad word

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Its not TPPC's job to be more welcoming to people who speak foreign languages.

By saying that you are basically saying that they should just have to adapt then? Why should we treat people who talk differently then us different at all? It may not be tppc's job but there is no harm in making it as such.

Mercenario tell me why? Is it because I used the word fair.

MP, I say prove it. That's an extremely over doing it saying five minutes and you know it. Besides, I'd do it if no one else will.

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 05:47 PM
No at all.
Also, the staff cant moderate a forum that cant understand -.-

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
No at all.
Also, the staff cant moderate a forum that cant understand -.-

I'll say it again, if tppc staff can make people use translators to type in english then it can sure as hell use translators to understand other laugauges translated in english.

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
The staff doesn't force that the people use translators.
This is a english game, Tppc is not a big game for have more than 1 lenguage, only if the staff want more work, this can be, but, I dont think so.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
The staff doesn't force that the people use translators.

Yes they do. How else are people who don't speak english going to post here when they aren't allowed to type in what they know? I'd bet translators. All because of the rule.

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Eh.. never happen to me, and my english is too bad, only the common menbers said me "improve your english", but no more.

And the only rule I see about this is the "English Only"

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Eh.. never happen to me, and my english is too bad, only the common menbers said me "improve your english", but no more.

And the only rule I see about this is the "English Only"

All that means is that you are en acception and that rule is exactly what I'm talking about. If it;s english only and you don't speak english you have to translate it in one way or another. Do you get it now that I've said it three times?

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Even if you said me "x" times, this wont change anything.
If it's english only is because is english only, simple, no?
And also, this idea is near impossible to happen ( explain on my previous posts ), how many times I'll have to said it? -.-

Anidamaru
12-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Just no.

goleafsgo80
12-17-2009, 08:17 PM
But it's really hard to moderate a forum where the mods don't understand the language...

Fading
12-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Don't like it, find another game. Not the staffs fault.

Jassie
12-18-2009, 11:04 AM
By saying that you are basically saying that they should just have to adapt then? Why should we treat people who talk differently then us different at all? It may not be tppc's job but there is no harm in making it as such.

Okay..So if we make a forum for a specific language eventually people who talk other languages are gonna start complaining that they want their own and so on..If we make a language forum for one specific language then we have to make multiples and there is just no way to get enough staff to moderate ever bit of it.

And before you say something like 'Well we can just have one language forum and they can speak any language they want in it.' that wont work either.That would be to hard to tell what language the specific post was in.

Mugiwara
12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
And online translaters are not hard to find.

so they can use the translators themselves

MaDeMoiSeLLe
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Very idealistic - however, the question is, since English is a universal language, why do we want to compartmentalise these other language speakers?

and I agree with the others regarding the staffs needed and with Mugiwara, too.

Doppelgänger
12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
A thread for each language.

Jawa
12-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't like the idea. If people don't like to type in English they can just leave. :/

Fatal
12-18-2009, 03:57 PM
using translators is illogical, it'd require too much effort from the mods.
so if this idea were to go into effect, we'd need a few mods for each language added.

not good.

Kife
12-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Not going to happen. The majority of the staffs can't speak more than two to three languages, and the languages that may be spoken might not be the ones we know. Nor are we just going to promote people for that one extra forum.