PDA

View Full Version : Need BIG help on my Ruby team

dragonkollector
01-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I restarted my ruby a while back and need help with my team

By the way I can change any pokemon and any move, s any suggestions you have I will take, but give me a reason of why you're giving me that suggestion though =].

I am also hoping to train my Beldum and put it in my team, so I need some tips on how to Ev train it and which stats would be better to ev train; I will post it's moves and stats at the end of this post.

Here is my team:

Pokemon: Blaziken Male
Level: 100
Nature: Sassy
Stats:

HP: 302/302
Attack: 270
Defense: 167
SP. Atk: 261
SP. Def: 182
Speed: 203

Moveset:

Cut 30/30 <-- I'm planning to train another Blaziken without this, not sure though, kinda ruined it with this; taught the HM to the wrong pokemon.
Mirror Move 20/20
Blaze Kick 16/16
Sky Uppercut 15/15

Pokemon:Golem
Level: 90
Nature: Docile
Stats:

HP: 270/270
Attack: 236
Defense: 264
SP. Atk: 148
SP. Def: 152
Speed: 111

Moveset:

Tackle 35/35
Magnitude 30/30
Earthquake 16/16
Strength 15/15

The rest of the pokemon are Ubers like my level 100 ray and 86 Groudon, but I'd rather not have ubers on my team so I'd like suggestions. =] I do have an emerald so I could transfer any pokemon not available on the ruby game.

here are my beldum's stats:

Pokemon:Beldum
Level: 5
Nature: Calm
Stats:

Attack: 9
Defense: 14
Sp. Atk: 9
SP. Def: 12
Speed: 9

Moveset:

Take Down 20/20

I can basically change any pokemon, even my level 90 and 100, plus I need some suggestions for a water an electric pokemon on my team. I was thinking Golduck and Manectric/Magneton

Yes I know my team sux :P

Verb
01-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Bah attempt to find a Tentacruel (shiny pwns) around that.. city where those twins battle you. That should come in handy if you are catching legends. Plus it has great speed and has water + Poison resistance

dragonkollector
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice, have any specific moveset I should use?

Rofls
01-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Change Golems tackle to something better.Rock slide maybe?

dragonkollector
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks, gonna change that. =D

Rofls
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Also,I would suggest Manetric because it has Bite/Crunch.

dragonkollector
01-17-2010, 11:05 PM
My other friend also suggested that, whenever I face him he always flinches me D: so I'm definitely gonna get that, thanks =]

Tim
01-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Post IV's+EV's instead of stats because most people cannot help you with the current team like that

dragonkollector
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
How do I post those? Or find those? :P

Kazu643
01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
im pretty sure theres a guy n ruby that can "unlearn" moves, so u could take out the cut

dragonkollector
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Really!? Omg I gotta check that out, thanks =D

Hantsuki
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
I believe the Move Deleter is in Lilycove City, so check there.

I'm not really good at suggesting moves, but I've tried to research what the best moves are for some Pokemon and I've used my own personal preference to decide my movesets, so I can only offer some moves and it's up to you to decide what you think is best. ; D

Blaziken:
Cut - You can always use Slash, but if you're gonna have Return, it's pretty pointless to have another Normal type move. I've noticed a lot of people suggesting Rock Slide or Dig because people like teaching moves that a Pokemon is weak against. Just remember Rock Slide doesn't have perfect accuracy and Dig can get crushed by Earthquake. If you want, you can try Bulk Up or Swords Dance to increase your Attack power which would help if you decided to go with the lower powered Brick Break.
Mirror Move - To me, this move seems kind of useless unless you're up against a Pokemon that knows a move that is it's natural weakness like a Starmie using Thunderbolt. I would go with Return instead, but that's your decision.
Blaze Kick - If you want more power, upgrade it to Flamethrower or just keep Blaze Kick if you don't really care about the difference, but Flamethrower has 5 more PP than Blaze Kick and it's power is stronger by 10.
Sky Uppercut - It's too bad this move's accuracy isn't 100%, but it's still nice to have because it gets STAB from Blaziken's part fighting type. If you don't like having perfect accuracy, you can replace with Brick Break, but it's power is less by 10.

Golem:
Tackle - This move is a low-powered and less accurate Strength, so you can replace this immediately. Try a Focus Punch. Golem's high attack power would make it a great physical sweeper.
Magnitude - If you have Earthquake, it seems pretty redundant to have Magnitude. If you haven't used the Move Tutor to teach Body Slam yet, you can go with that.
Earthquake - Good. I'd keep it.
Strength - If you absolutely have to have it, then you can keep it, but if you decided not to teach Blaziken Return, then teach it to Golem. Or you can go with Rock Slide if you decide to go with Body Slam.

Will you be evolving Beldum into Metagross? If so, do you want movesets for Beldum or Metagross or both?

If you need an Electric type, Manectric is a pretty good choice. Like someone said, it can learn Crunch, but it's an Egg Move, so you need to breed a male Pokemon with Crunch with a female Electrike or Manectric and hope it inherits that move.

I can suggest some Pokemon for your team, but before I do, do you have some favorite Pokemon you want on your team? It's better to make a team of Pokemon you like and decide the best moves for them rather than just think of some of the best Pokemon in the game to put onto your team. It wouldn't be as fun that way especially if you're just creating a team for in-game and not for some tournament.

dragonkollector
01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Wow thanks Hant =D yup I'm gonna make Beldum into metagross and I would love some suggestions =3

I basically love all pokemon :D so theres no bad one for me =]

Rofls
01-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Also,Sky Uppercut can hit enemies that are flying.

Hantsuki
01-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Okay. I'll give you suggestions assuming your Beldum was gonna evolve in a short while, so here are some move suggestions for your future Metagross!

Based on Serebii, the best moveset for Metagross would be this, but that's assuming you're going to be battling outside of your game.

Meteor Mash - STAB is a no-brainer, but again, it's accuracy of 85 is kind of questionable. I don't like relying on luck, but it's power of 100 sure is a redeeming quality. It's a lot better than Iron Tail at least and there's not a wide range of good Steel attacks so this would have to do.
Earthquake - Again, teaching a move that it's weak against. I would keep it because it's a physical attack and Metagross has a high Attack stats.
Agility - You can keep that since it's Speed isn't exactly the best. Or you can go with Light Screen which halves the power of Fire attacks which it is weak against.
Explosion - I personally don't like having Explosion or Self-destruct on my teams because I don't feel like sacrificing my Pokemon out of the blue to immensely damage my opponent's Pokemon, but I guess this move is just based on personal preference. I would go with Psychic instead just because of STAB again. Besides, you need a good Psychic Pokemon in your team even if it doesn't have the highest Special Attack stats. At least being part Steel makes it type resistant to Dark attacks.

Aw, well you don't have any personal favorites? Like haven't you watched the show and said, "Oh god. I love Ash's Pikachu. I'm gonna go catch one now in my Pokemon game!" or something like that?

dragonkollector
01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Well I like pokemon like charizard(I have leafgreen) but I already have a fire type :P though I could get salamance, tyranitar, dragonite, skarmory. :p If that helps =]

Hantsuki
01-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Mmkay. That does help. Then I know what moves to suggest and I don't have to force a Pokemon into your team. : P

I'm going to set them up the way I did with Metagross. All of the starting moves will be moves suggested by Serebii and then I'll give you suggestions on the side.

Salamence:
Hidden Power [Flying] - If you can't get this or you'd rather not waste your precious time trying to make your moveset perfect with this move, then go with Aerial Ace. It's power is only 60, but it never misses and STAB kicks in again.
Earthquake - It seems like every Pokemon learns Earthquake nowadays, huh? Well, even if Salamence isn't part Ground, it's Attack stats is high, so it would do some damage. Plus it can take out those elements that threaten Salamence's Flying weaknesses, but then it's Dragon characteristics are resistant to those types like Electric and such, so it's no big gain anyway. Still, it's fun to mock Ground Pokemon who can't use Fly while Flying types can freely use Ground attacks.
Rock Slide - This move is basically to knock out any other Flying type if you were to face another Flying type. It's not that necessary since you can switch out to Golem. Go with Dragon Claw. It's power is 80 and it gets STAB.
Flamethrower/Double-Edge/Brick Break - I guess it's up to you to decide on this one. I mean, you already have a Blaziken that knows Fire and Fighting moves and your Golem may know a Fighting move. If you can't get a Manectric that knows Crunch, perhaps you can teach Crunch to Salamence instead. It'll be good for it to be versatile like it is.

Tyranitar:
Rock Slide - I would go with Ancientpower instead if you can acquire it through breeding.
Earthquake - It bothers me that this move is suggested yet again, but it can't be helped. I would prefer to change it to Crunch because at least it will get STAB.
Dragon Dance - But I guess if you get Crunch instead of Earthquake, Dragon Dance, which increases Speed and Attack, wouldn't be put to much use except for the Rock Slide.
Taunt/Substitute - Not sure what it's fourth move can be. If you want the Earthquake back, then go ahead and use that. Or even Return if you can get a hold of another one of those. Go with something that would put it's high Attack stats to good use if you can.

Dragonite:
Hidden Power [Flying]/Aerial Ace - If you can't get the Hidden Power, go for Aerial Ace.
Earthquake - I'm not even gonna say anything, but it works with a theoretically perfect Dragonite that has high Attack stats.
Dragon Dance - If you're aiming to get a Dragonite with high Attack, then keep this.
Thunder/Thunderbolt - Unless you have a Pokemon in your team that knows Rain Dance, I would go with Thunderbolt instead.

Dragonite is pretty tricky to decide as far as movesets go. You can change some moves around with Flamethrower to keep away Ice types that Dragonite is strongly weak against. It's all up to you and how your final team turns out.

Skarmory:
Drill Peck/Hidden Power [Flying]/Aerial Ace - If you can breed to get Drill Peck, go with that or go with Aerial Ace if you can't.
Roar/Whirlwind - I don't think you'll be wanting to use this moveset if you're using Skarmory for in-game purposes only. I would go with Steel Wing for this slot which isn't completely accurate, but it receives STAB and it knocks down the Ice and Rock types that Skarmory's Flying side is weak against (not like it matters much because Steel nulls it out anyway). Still, Skarmory wouldn't be Skarmory without Steel Wing, so I would go with this.
Spikes - Now there isn't many good choices as far as moves go after Aerial Ace and Steel Wing. I found a nifty two move combo on another site that would make Skarmory last a little longer in battle (even if your opponent has Fire or Electric types which are Skarmory's two weaknesses). You can breed a Skarmory to learn Curse in this spot.
Rest/Substitute - As for this spot, you can teach it Swagger. Even though the opponent's Attack increases, your Skarmory will be safe with it's high Defense even if the opponent doesn't attack itself. Curse would raise its stats even more.

Though if you can't pull those last two moves off, then you can just teach it whatever you want.

dragonkollector
01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow Earthquake seems to be a favored move o.o

this might take me a while but I will do it =D