PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King

Kayshla
01-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Your thoughts on the movie?

It is my favorite movie of all time

Hantsuki
01-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Favorite Disney movie of all time. They just don't make them like they used to.

As many times as I've seen it, I can't get over the scene where Simba loses his father. It's oh so sad. D:

Prince of Persia
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Favorite Disney movie of all time. They just don't make them like they used to.

As many times as I've seen it, I can't get over the scene where Simba loses his father. It's oh so sad. D:

.Same.

Jawa
01-17-2010, 04:59 PM
This is definitely one of my top movies.

Nizzzy
01-17-2010, 05:01 PM
This is definitely one of my top movies.

I have to agree on that.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Bah, it's okay. I honestly prefer Hercules or mulan but that might just be me.

Iceman
01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I love the Lion King, heck, I love just about anything Disney. Especially Disney-Pixar films

kakashi
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
actually, disney has changed now D: i preferred the older movies.

Adam
01-19-2010, 02:15 AM
I lurv Teh Lyon King. To all of you who have to read Hamlet in high school, just watch The Lion King mmmk?

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Very good! Most people don't know that Lion King was based around hamlet. I'm impressed.

Adam
01-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Very good! Most people don't know that Lion King was based around hamlet. I'm impressed.
Haha, yes, you heard him you guys; Lion King is Shakespeare for kids.

Fading
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, supposedly it was based off of Hamlet. I personally disagree because American films tend to just be adaptations (Or downright stolen) off of things from other countries. Take the Lion King - there was a TV series in Japan with an almost identical story line that nobody has ever heard about called Kimba the White Lion that had aired a few years before the Lion King was made.

Castform
01-20-2010, 01:02 AM
you mean Kimba, right?

and The Lion King is not my favorite disney film. That would be either Alice in Wonderland or Robin Hood

Fading
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Kimba the White Lion.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, supposedly it was based off of Hamlet. I personally disagree because American films tend to just be adaptations (Or downright stolen) off of things from other countries. Take the Lion King - there was a TV series in Japan with an almost identical story line that nobody has ever heard about called Kimba the White Lion that had aired a few years before the Lion King was made.

Doesn't matter if you disagree with it, it's fact.

Fading
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
How is it 'fact'? Of course Disney would say it's based off a dead poet, nobody can say otherwise. However, if you have seen Kimba you'd understand the scarily similarities between the two. And it's not a first that Disney has stolen their ideas from previously made movies/tv shows them give no credit to the originals.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
How is it 'fact'? Of course Disney would say it's based off a dead poet, nobody can say otherwise. However, if you have seen Kimba you'd understand the scarily similarities between the two. And it's not a first that Disney has stolen their ideas from previously made movies/tv shows them give no credit to the originals.

Actually if you knew Disney, you'd know that all of their popular movies like sleeping beauty, Mulan and the rest of them are based off of books or plays or actual events in history. Of course in all cases it was made to be a kid's flim like the little mermaid where Areial actually died in the book but not the film.

Fading
01-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Your "facts" are so flimsy that it's laughable.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Your "facts" are so flimsy that it's laughable.

Your lack of knowledge about things you claim to love is pretty laughable. I will give you one thing though, they have one series of popular films that aren't all based off of books or real life events, but they go by a different name then most disney films, they call Miyazaki films. So I guess not all of their movies are based off of books and real life people, but those movies aren't disney's so I don't know if you'd count them.

Fading
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes, I've heard of Miyazaki films. But the fact that you go around claiming to be omnipotent about a topic that you so clearly know nothing about is honestly laughable. Five minutes of Wikipedia does not make you intelligent in all aspects, especially about this topic. If you knew anything at all about cinema and the way the production industry works you'd know exactly what I was talking about. But instead, it's obvious that your knowledge is transparent because you DON'T know what the hell you're talking about.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, I've heard of Miyazaki films. bBut the fact that you go around claiming to be omnipotent about a topic that you so clearly know nothing about is... Prove it. You think I don't know anything, then prove to me that the movies Disney made that gained so much popularity were not based off of books or real life stories. Otherwise, your just saying words. So prove it.

Besides all that, if you've only heard of the films that helped gross in nearly as much money for disney as their own films, you can't really claim to know disney at all. I'd be willing to bet you don't even know the story of Spirited Away or Porco Rosso, or for that matter what language Poco Rosso is in and what it means. And, wiki doesn't count.

Tenshi
01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
You're even arguing over Disney films now, Ichigo? Do you need a break from the forum or something? |:

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-24-2010, 09:03 PM
You're even arguing over Disney films now, Ichigo? Do you need a break from the forum or something? |:

Now I'm fine. I just don't like being told I don't anything when the person saying that isn't saying anything else, like something to back it up. Kind of annoys me.

Gramm
01-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Best.

Movie.

Ever.

Jessica
01-31-2010, 08:14 PM
I still cry when simba's dad dies! ='( It's so sad!

LooN A TicK
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Like you it's my favourite movie of all time ^_^

Edit: I also get emotional when watching the scene when Mufasa dies.

Truth
02-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Definitely my favourite animated film of all time, ahead of Bambi.

Kayshla
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM
Yes, I've heard of Miyazaki films. But the fact that you go around claiming to be omnipotent about a topic that you so clearly know nothing about is honestly laughable. Five minutes of Wikipedia does not make you intelligent in all aspects, especially about this topic. If you knew anything at all about cinema and the way the production industry works you'd know exactly what I was talking about. But instead, it's obvious that your knowledge is transparent because you DON'T know what the hell you're talking about.

I just looked at the wikipedi page and found everything younhqve said in this whole argumeent. So why don't you shut up and stop arguing over something you obviously don't know about.

Absoyena
02-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Man, stop arguing about disney films. If you want to do that, take it to PM's, not on here ._.! Who cares if Disney "stole" from Kimba the white lion.

Avatar's plot was "stolen" from pocahontas. So what? Good movies stay good movies!

About the Lion King:

I keep watching it over and over from time to time, and somehow, for some reason is still keep thinking: Oh, Mufasa will make it! He'll make it! And then when he dies, I'm still sad..

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Guys don't worry about it. Fading and I stopped along time ago with this so just drop it and talk about the film.

Crazy
02-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Best.

Movie.

Ever.

Yes. It is

Navy Sister
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
i did not know that Lion King was based around hamlet amd it is my Favorite Disney movies

Fading
02-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I just looked at the wikipedi page and found everything younhqve said in this whole argumeent. So why don't you shut up and stop arguing over something you obviously don't know about.

It appears that Wikipedia and I think alike! Congrats for jumping in when you obviously know nothing about it considering you had to wikipedia it yourself :lol: