PDA

View Full Version : NDS Link help.

Solar Apocalypse
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok, I have a USB cable that I'm trying to get to work on my computer. Problem is, when I try to install the hardware, it says it doesn't have a driver. I haven't a clue what that means, so does anyone know what I need to do? Or is there any other information needed to figure this out?

Charizard
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
What are you trying to hook up?
Basically, drivers are software that tells your computer how to use devices.
If whatever youre trying to hook up to the computer came with a cd, as they usually do, try running that.

You could also try hooking it up to the computer, with the device powered on, and run windows update, or search the manufacturers website for the drivers.

Solar Apocalypse
01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Ok, it's a cable to hook up an AR device my friend loaned me. As far as I know, it works, cause the computer recognizes it's there. I already used the CD, but upon googling it, I found out that it doesn't come with driver software for Windows 7. I've tried searching for a driver for it, but couldn't find anything.

abhiraj005
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Ok, I have a USB cable that I'm trying to get to work on my computer. Problem is, when I try to install the hardware, it says it doesn't have a driver. I haven't a clue what that means, so does anyone know what I need to do? Or is there any other information needed to figure this out?
That means you have not installed Connectivity Cable Driver software. You usually get a CD with mobile's box and you can find it on that CD. Install it and it will solve problem:)

Solar Apocalypse
01-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Mobile's box? I'm afraid I don't know what that is, or if I even have it. (I have NO clue about technology)

abhiraj005
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Mobile box means when you buy a mobile you get a packed box in which that cell phone, usb, charger, CD etc is kept.

Charizard
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Just ask whoever gave it to you if they have the cd that came with it

Solar Apocalypse
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Mobile box means when you buy a mobile you get a packed box in which that cell phone, usb, charger, CD etc is kept.

This isn't a phone, it's an Action Replay.

Charizard: I already used, and still have, the CD. It doesn't come with the software for the driver.

Charizard
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
oh there are drivers on that CD, they just ma not work with windows 7, youre probably out of luck then.

Solar Apocalypse
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Damn. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

Tim
01-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Solar, you could find a download for Action Replay Code Manager on Google, but I'm not sure if it's going to work with Windows 7

AeSix
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Solar, you could find a download for Action Replay Code Manager on Google, but I'm not sure if it's going to work with Windows 7
Since Vista and 7 share a major part of the core code base, including the driver frameworks, a vista driver should work in Windows 7. You may have to play with it to make the installer software think it's installing on Vista, or maybe even use Windows to find the drive in the download package for Vista and to install that way.

But then, you should probably learn a lot about how OSes work in general before trying to do something like that. That is unless you don't mind reinstalling everything.