PDA

View Full Version : State of v8

Shrimpy
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Now that a few days have passed since the release, I thought I'd clarify a few things.

Since there has been some confusion about it over it since launch, the trading system is now revised to allow trainers to trade stronger Pokemon when they have a high rank with their chosen team. He cutoffs are as follows:

Trainers at the Lieutenant level and lower can trade Pokemon up to (and including) level 2500
Trainers at the Captain level can trade Pokemon up to and including level 3000
Trainers at the Major level can trade Pokemon up to and including level 3500
Trainers at the Colonel level can trade Pokemon up to and including level 4500

The "fusion" Pokemon that attacks you isn't in the RPG. It's a placeholder for when one of the faction Pokemon attacks you and you don't have the proper item attached. It's uncatchable and undefeatable. The only Pokemon obtainable in TPPC are real Pokemon. No special TPPC creations.
The ranks and rarity list are back up and should be working properly now. I changed a lot of the backend code for banning and forgot to update the ranks script to look for the modified ban code. The ban code was changed to allow you to disable trades yourself, since it used to run through the ban system.
A number of things are still being tweaked -- opponent levels, money issues (how much you get for a win, how much the second swap of the day is, etc) and design things (a lot of people seem to have an issue with the placement of the "Leave Battle" link -- I'm going to look into moving it), so keep that in mind. It's hard to really test certain things in a closed beta, but now that it's in the wild there will definitely be some tweaking.
The hoarding that's been going on of certain legendaries since yesterday was my fault. Shards were supposed to break after use, and the Unown Ruins were made easier during testing. Both of those issues have been fixed. It's my fault and I apologize. There are still plenty of rare legendaries out there that no one has seemingly unlocked yet.
The trade limit of 250 Pokemon per side is (in part) due to a technical limitation of the trade system. I have no intention of changing it.
Team Galactic will show up on the Top Trainers page once their is an eligible trainer for it. That said, it's looking like there might be a "Team Galactic Recruitment Drive" at some point to get members over to that side.
We changed sprites because these are the most current ones and we'd been using the old Diamond and Pearl ones since those games came out. It was time for a change and I'm sorry if your favorite Pokemon doesn't look as cool this time around. I don't particularly like the Wobbuffet one if it's any consolation.
I'm still checking the errors thread and fixing things as soon as possible. In a bit, I'm going to just start asking that people make new threads for issues, but I'm going to try and solve what's been posted about so far in the thread first.

Outside of a few things, comments have seemed largely positive about v8. Some people don't like it and that's fine, but if you're going to complain about it just do me a favor and fact check your complaints and be civil. No reason to go nuts or try being mean to anyone.