PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon avatars?

Solar Apocalypse
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I was thinking, people can link their accounts and change the titles, right? Well, why not give people the option to use the first pokemon in their roster as their avatar, just like the titles. Not sure if that would make the RPG lag more or not, but it's worth mentioning I guess.

Anyways, rate /10 or post suggestions.

abhiraj005
12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I would like to modify your idea.
How about my starter pokemon and my avatar standing together.
Example: If i am a lugia trainer then my avatar should sit on the back of lugia this would make it nice.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Example: If i am a lugia trainer then my avatar should sit on the back of lugia this would make it nice.

Now that I can agree to. But it would be hard to do.

Solar Apocalypse
12-15-2009, 05:45 PM

That would involve thousands of sprites to be made in order to do, and by the sound of it, many of which would have to be made from scratch, so I'd have to disagree with this one.

Marluxia
12-15-2009, 06:15 PM
How about custom avys instead?

Shadow
12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
That would involve thousands of sprites to be made in order to do, and by the sound of it, many of which would have to be made from scratch, so I'd have to disagree with this one.

With the ammount of spriters around here, there'd be quite a few people to help out with this.

Jefff
12-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Only if you want the pokémon to look like it's in a scene with the trainer. You could easily just put two images side by side though.

I agree with either of these ideas though.

Btw, there would be 504'832 possibilities (256 choosable avatars for each of 493 pokémon that can come in four different varieties (normal, shiny, dark and golden), plus a few more that have different sprites across both genders, and all the unowns).

Solar Apocalypse
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM

That's what I was responding to. And still, with the thousands of combinations of trainers and pokemon, it would take a LOt of people to do that.

Destiny
12-15-2009, 10:00 PM
It's not difficult to do.
I am a spriter.
Golden Pokemon are simply pokemon with a yellow/orange filter run on them. (well, I made mine that way)
Dark Pokemon are simply desaturated pokemon
Shiny Pokemon, well these are simply ripped from the regular game, as are regular Pokemon.

I reckon its not very difficult to do.

Solar Apocalypse
12-15-2009, 10:15 PM
It's not difficult, no, but it would take a lot of time. 504,832 sprites would take quite a while.

Jefff
12-15-2009, 11:07 PM
It's not difficult to do.
I am a spriter.
Golden Pokemon are simply pokemon with a yellow/orange filter run on them. (well, I made mine that way)
Dark Pokemon are simply desaturated pokemon
Shiny Pokemon, well these are simply ripped from the regular game, as are regular Pokemon.

I reckon its not very difficult to do.

If TPPC could muster up 100 spriters, each would have to do over five thousand.

Hiro
12-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Perhaps if you were a master you could have the option of using that pokemon as your avatar, anything other than that would be too much imo.

Level 3
12-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm sure Shrimpy woulld ban Wobuffet from being an avy though....

But in more serious terms, I agree with Hiro, as uploading 493 non scratch sprites is way better than making 500000+ new ones

jwutheheadcase
12-16-2009, 01:49 AM
^ hiro's idea

abhiraj005
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I know its too hard. But it would look better it that happens.

Destiny
12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Dude, TPPC uses a filter. IF you have everyone of the 493 pokemon on a sprite sheet, run a filter on them ALL and you have your Pokemon. Seriously, do you think that all the sprites have been done by hand? They are too perfect.

Jassie
12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Dude, TPPC uses a filter. IF you have everyone of the 493 pokemon on a sprite sheet, run a filter on them ALL and you have your Pokemon. Seriously, do you think that all the sprites have been done by hand? They are too perfect.

Who ever said anything about recoloring any of them..You find a filter that will draw custom sprites of the trainers with their pokemon then come and tell us how easy it would be to make all the sprites.

Anyways I would like a combination of all the suggestions so far.If you are a master then you could get your your starter pokemon standing behind your avatar.No custom sprites or anything.Just a simple copy, paste, move type of thing.Nothing to difficult such as custom sprites.

Mercenario GX
12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Instead of this I prefer an add of the 493 poke's as avatars -.-

But this idea is useless for me.

abhiraj005
12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Instead of this I prefer an add of the 493 poke's as avatars -.-

But this idea is useless for me.
agreed^^ using pokemon avatars will not define your characters. It would really look better if there's pokemon avatar and my avatar standing together.

Kife
12-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Not a bad idea, but we already have plans with avatars and customer avatars aren't going to happen.