PDA

View Full Version : The Official Game Recommendation Thread

Cloud
12-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Attention!
If you're very active, responsible, reliable, and would like to take over this thread, PM me and I'll let you repost it and I'll resticky.

Instead of making individual threads about games, you can post them here and I'll edit them in when I'm on. You must say which console, the game, what is good and what is bad about the game.

Here's an example:

Console: Wii
Game Name: Lego Indiana Jones
Good Points: Extremely fun on multiplayer
Bad Points: Not very good if you're alone, would get boring

So you get the point, got a good game? Post it here for other's to see.

Console - Ps1/2
Game Name - Final Fantasy
Good Points - Epic, engaging storyline. easily 100+ hours gameplay.
Bad Points - You won't get much sleep. Graphics on older ones aren't great.

PS2:
Console: PlayStation 2
Game Name: Kingdom Hearts + Kingdom Hearts 2
Good Points: After you beat them, you wanna beat it again and again and again..
Bad Points: There are no bad points for these games, period.

Wii:
Game Name: Mario Kart Wii
Good points: You Unlock a bunch of Charactors and Karts!
Bad points: If you tried to get a star rank but you gotten 2nd on a race, you wodn't get star rank. produces

PS3:

Xbox/Xbox 360:

PC:

Original Poster(s) : Jansell

LeviLockdown
01-01-2010, 11:06 PM
PS1 - Final Fantasy 7 onwards - Role Playing Games.
Quite possibly my favourite games ever, 8 being my favourite. Even though they're for PS1, (and yes i do have an xbox 360), they're well worth getting. The storyline is great, it'll have you hooked and up until the early hours of the morning. Then possibly missing school/work "ill". Heh. You can get well over a hundred hours in per game and with the guides it's even more enjoyable because there are things you would just miss otherwise. Graphics aren't the best on the older ones but who cares? It's the gameplay that counts. The combat system is kind of like pokemon. Turn based but with a timer element aswell, meaning a more tactical approach is needed.

Sorry this isn't the best of reviews but i assure you it's the best of games. Its just that it's 3 a.m and i only got three hours sleep last night thanks to new years.

No Really. You Need These Games.

Console - Ps1/2
Game Name - Final Fantasy
Good Points - Epic, engaging storyline. easily 100+ hours gameplay.
Bad Points - You won't get much sleep. Graphics on older ones aren't great.

kurdish
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Console: Xbox360
Game Name: Bfbc2
Good Points: Extremely fun
Bad Points: doesnt have any bad points

thatswutshesaid
04-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Console: Xbox360
Game Name: Bfbc2
Good Points: Extremely fun
Bad Points: doesnt have any bad points

I disagree it's bad points are that the single player is quite short and easy, and when you've unlocked every weapon on multiplayer it gets repitive

Ekhart
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Console: PC/X360
Game Name: The Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Good Points: Climate. If You like games with good storyline, secrets and this specific climate of mystery, this game is perferct. Preferably play it at nighttime, with headphones on. You will s..t bricks. (sorry, couldn't use other words)
Bad Points: Sometimes may be really hard. Main character's phobia, psychosis and lack of running may be annoying especially in chapter 2.

dbz88dbz99
08-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Console:PS3
Game name:Uncharted 2:Among thevies
Good points:Excellent story, great multiplayer (Check its awards)
Bad points:None(my thoughts)

do_not_know_me
09-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Console:- PC
Game Name:- Perfect world International
Good points:- free to download and play, chance to find a lot of good friends and players, great quests and adventurous
Can play as many different customizable characters (its an mmorpg/ Massive Multi player Online role playing game)
Bad points:- not that good graphics ( if u make the graphics the best they can be in the game then u can't use arrow keys to move but u still have the mouse), some item can be bought from auction and some item you have to pay real money to buy from a boutique but those items are not required, or absolutely necessary to play the game

Don't know weather this is good or bad:-
YOU WILL GET BORED IF YOU STAY ON THE SAME LEVEL FOR TOO LONG
No one has yet reached the max level which is 105 and the player(s) with the max level are on level 103

pikachu8090
10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
System:DS
Game: pokemon black and white
Good points: best pokemon game (i think) it uses the ds 3D grapics way better adn its a whole new region of pokemon. also it uses the dsi ds dsixl wi fi way more than the DPPtHGSS (thought it does not use much wirleess.)
Bad points: not released US :sad:

system (ps2)
game: metal gear solid 3
Good points: good story line better graphics than MGS2
Bad points: long cut scenes very easy can be way too easy or normal (depends on what gun you use..

AssassinX43A
10-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Console: PS3
Game Name: Call Of Duty Black Ops
Good points: New features, like wager matches and training mode, brings back Nazi Zombie mode from WaW,
Bad points: No stopping power, coming out 11/9/10,

pikachu8090
11-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Console: GBA/DS (GBA japan only)
Game: Phoenix Wright Ace attorney
Good points: almost like its real court. it get interesting.
bad points: won't like if you like action games and very flashy

game: LittleBigPlanet
good points: you can do about whatever you think of. having ps network give you access to more than 3 million levels. And every level on the game is playable with friends and strangers also access to tons of DLC packs and event packs (ex: non-event: metal gear solid pack event: Halloween Jack-o-lantern) And the GOTY edition give you access to community levels that wont fill up space in your community objects and stickers ( it will be in community objects under objects in create mode and community under stickers. Way more fun if you are with friends. You can also create levels and let people play them (only publish 20 but can create more for your self or overwrite it for better ones.) You will probably be playing this game every day if you have a ps3. and if you get liitebigplanet2 all the stuff you have on LBP ( short for LittleBigPlanet) will be on LBP2. (isn't that amazing?!)
Bad points:some of you hardcore players may think it looks kiddish ( i did at first but is awsome!) you be bored alone playing and when you beat the game and dont have online.

whew i think thats a very good review

silver_bubbles
11-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Console: Board Game
Name: Settlers of Catan
Good Points: Different experience every time, teamwork and individual strategy possible. Doesn't take long to learn, and uber fun.
Bad Points: A lot of gameplay depends on people's playstyle. May take pretty long sometimes. Everyone needs to be pro to have a great game.

Console: MMORPG (PC download)
Name: Dragonica
Just recently played it a bit. Pretty good for an online rpg. Most of the controls is on the keyboard, and cute graphics.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Name: Final Fantasy XIII
Good points: It's a lot like the old ff games, good voice acting, characters that seem real, stunning to look at, great character developement and it has improved on FFX-2's fast pace battling style. Plus it's turn-based and allows for some real strategy throughout.
Bad points: There's no leveling up. Instead you have a system much like the Sphere Grid except that unlike the grin, you can only go so far in your training until after you beat a boss. Basically elminating the golden rule of RPG's, "If you aren't strong enough, level up!"

Striker X
01-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Name: Super Smash bros brawl
Good points: Nice Graphics, Loooong character lineup (35 characters & some can be switched in to others ex Zelda → Sheik, Squirtle → Ivysaur, etc) Very nice storyline, Amazing multiplayer,The ability to save replays of the matches you've played, Extreme amounts of Customization to the gameplay making it very hard to hate, Can be played casually or competitively, has nice wi-fi options, allows you to see other players in a game without youtube, easy to learn yet high difficulty, Wide array of players to play with, can be played with 4 different controllers to get a better feel to your preference, Many stages (41 Stages), VERY nice graphics in the storyline cutscenes, Unique, let's you play demos of old game for a short time, An EXTREEEEEEMELY high amount of unlockables which keeps you in the game longer, and glitches that make gameplay more fun.
Bad points: The wi-fi can be pretty laggy at times (although this is a case with all games), single player mode can get boring after a few weeks/months, will NEVER drop price (it has been 49.99 or 59.99, Iunno for 3 years now...), Replays can only be 3 minutes & under (although, this game is pretty fast paced unless you camp), Less options to configure on wi-fi (although there are still many).

felixthecubone
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
pokemon heartgold once youve completed the storyline you really want to catch em all

game name heartgold
good points hours of fun
bad points none

Aurabolt
02-21-2011, 05:07 PM
The hyperlinked ones I wrote reviews for. I'll edit when I add moar games, m'kay?

Rated: 8/10
Game Name: Valhalla Knights

Good Points: Pretty decient Hack & Slash.

Bad Points: Online's been dead since launch two years ago, it's a VK Game (and thus the bar is already lowered) and your AI Partner's a joke.

Another Game to try: Glory of Heracles (DS)

Console: Xbox 360

Game Name: Dynasty Warriors 6

Good Points: Doesn't stray from the fun factor that is slaughtering waves of enemies ^_^

Bad Points: I haven't played my copy in two years since my Xbox was stolen >.>;

Console: PSP
Game Name: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Good Points: Deep storyline and impressive cutscenes. Oh, and course SEPHIROTH!

Bad Points: Random encounters are annoyingly frequent, the Roulette System is too random/vague and of course everyone who bought the game knows how the story ends

Console: Nintendo DS and Wii

Game Name: The Michael Jackson Experience

Good Points: All the hits perfectly play on the system.

Bad Points: The DS version is basically Michael Jackson meets Elite Beat Agents while the Wii version requires you to be moderately fit to play.

Console: DS
Game Name: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver + Poke Walker (Rating them as one)
Rated: 8/10

Good Points: It's the Gold and Silver Remakes. 'Nuff said.

Bad Points: Like all the games before it, you're forced to either buy both games or use a cheat device if you don't know anyone with the game you don't have. The games also don't have much replay value after defeating Red. Also, the Poke Walker must be pressed against the back of the Game Card to transfer data just like with the GBC (and running the risk you might accidentally eject the Game Card).

Speaking of the Game Card: For reasons I don't really understand, the software is unstable as hell. I've often started the game to the message "Game Data Can't be read. Reboot and try again". Not sure what that means since I've had the game almost a year and I've gotten that message since getting the game.

Other thoughts: I don't consider finishing the Pokedex or the Battle Frontier Replay Value. You can only clear them ONCE, after all. The Pokemon Games have never had any real replay value to speak of but I only recently realized this >.>;

Try this, too: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White or a Trainer Client like <Insert Gen Here> Bot

scarletsneasel
11-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I have gamefly and iv'e put a bunch of games on my gameQ I could test game for everyone I'll tell you how good i think it is.

scarletsneasel
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I have gamefly and iv'e put a bunch of games on my gameQ I could test game for everyone I'll tell you how good i think it is.
Okay here's the ones iv'e played so far

DS:
Mario & Luigi Bowser's inside story
my oppinion: They kind of talk to much.
I give it 10/10 that means 1 thru 10.

Pokemon Diamond Version
my oppinion: it's great you should try it!
i give it a 100! It's very addictive i think idk.

pokemon ranger
my oppinion: Iv'e completed it it's not AS good as the other pokemon games i'd say.
I give it 3 stars

GBA:
pokemon ruby
my oppinion: I love it.
5 stars

pokemon pinball
my oppinion: it's really fun if ya like pinball.
I give it a 7

pokemon yellow
my oppinion: It sucks no i have not completed it.
i give it a -10!

pokemon heart gold
my oppinion: It's so FUNNNNNN!!!!
I give it 10 stars!

Kirby Nightmare in dreamland
My oppinion: it's dumb to me. it's to hard to beat the final boss but meta night is the easiest boss.
I give it a 4

Frogger's Adventures Temple of the frog
My oppinion: It's way too hard I only reached the second land.
i give it 0 stars!

Warioland4
My oppinion: it's cool but i can't beat the second boss.
I give it a 9!

Spyro season of flames
My oppinion: I love this game so much ITS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!! I'm on the last boss.
5 stars

Xbox:
Mass Effect
My oppinion: My brother pretty much likes that game i like to watch him play.
7 stars

Call of duty
oppinion: eh, I guess its pretty sweet if you're a boy...
I give it a 6

scarletsneasel
11-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Game Name: Call Of Duty Black Ops
Good points: New features, like wager matches and training mode, brings back Nazi Zombie mode from WaW,
Bad points: No stopping power, coming out 11/9/10,
THAT LINK I clicked it....WHAT THE H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU TELL SOMEONE NOT TO DO SOMETHING THEY'LL DO IT ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!