PDA

View Full Version : So about LeBron

Apollo
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I have to ask fans of his, what makes him better than everyone else? What makes him the best player in your eyes? People always say they'll pick him over Kobe..well, why ._.

mAReDux
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
He does everything at a superstar level. Scoring inside and outside, playmaking, passing, dunking, blocking, stealing, rebounding. He's probably in the best 5 in every aspect of the game, there is nothing he can't do at a superstar level. That's why I think he's the best player in the league.

Kobe is a better outside shooter, a more streaky one. He's extremly smart and such a quick thinker. But Lebron, I think is better at everything else.

Btw I'm not a fan, I think he's the best but I'm not a fan.

Cataclysmic
12-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Personally, I think he's best because of his lemonade flavored bubblegum (http://www.candyfavorites.com/Bubblicious-LeBrons-Lightning-Lemonade-pr-2190.html).

Lawnbuddha
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Best Shooter = kobe (Lebron doesn't even rank in the top 5 for this category alone)

Best Player = Lebron (Kobe doesn't even rank in the top 5 here)

...the difference is semantics. If you think that the best player is the player who shoots the best, then Kobe is your man. Lebron is not a top-5 shooter. If you think the best player is someone who can do everything at a top level (shoot, pass, defend, block, steal, assist), then Lebron is well above the next best (who is probably Chris Paul).

Xynic
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Best Shooter = kobe (Lebron doesn't even rank in the top 5 for this category alone)

Best Player = Lebron (Kobe doesn't even rank in the top 5 here)

...the difference is semantics. If you think that the best player is the player who shoots the best, then Kobe is your man. Lebron is not a top-5 shooter. If you think the best player is someone who can do everything at a top level (shoot, pass, defend, block, steal, assist), then Lebron is well above the next best (who is probably Chris Paul).

Who's in the top 5 for best player?

Karmam
12-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I think T-Mac is better. He's probably averaging more than anyone on his X-Box this season.

Hah ! Take that Ken !

..and Hedo is the best QQ

Lawnbuddha
12-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I'd say (and I'm no expert):

1 LeBron James
2 Chris Paul
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Kevin Durant
5 Danny Granger

mAReDux
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
You have to keep in mind, unlike all the other players you named Kobe has a very good team and really doesn't need to give %100 every night, Lawn

Lawnbuddha
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
none of those players have a really good team? I think you are incorrect on that.

Lawnbuddha
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Plus, shouldn't a "best player" be someone who gives his all every game? Not someone who gives his all when he feels like it.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Plus, shouldn't a "best player" be someone who gives his all every game? Not someone who gives his all when he feels like it.

Can't really argue that if you want to. Facts are facts.

Xynic
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
I'd say (and I'm no expert):

1 LeBron James
2 Chris Paul
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Kevin Durant
5 Danny Granger

I would have done

1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Wade
4. Kobe
5. Durant

mAReDux
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Ok, without those star players in them, which one of those teams could make the playoffs ?

mAReDux
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM

You don't play your superstars when you're up by 20 and there's 5 minutes left to go. That's the case with the Lakers IMO, they're gonna win anyway. They don't need Kobe to go out there and do everything by himself. It's more important he doesn't risk injury or getting tired in the long run, not to mention other players get valuable development by getting bigger minutes and bigger role when they play.

Elixer
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
LeBron can steal a ball and some kids' fries and get away with it.

Toshiro
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Kobe is getting old but he is a really good player

Lebron is much younger and has so much time to get better than he already is

םмҗ
12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Kobe>LeBron

Period. No questions asked.

Apollo
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Well, if I had to choose I'd pick Kobe, but instead of saying why, I'll ask you this question:

Do you think LeBron is too talented for his own good? I believe so, and it causes his team to suffer o.o

mAReDux
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
No, I don't. He does everything to get the team going, I honestly believe that the problem is his teammates. Now The Cavs look bad because they lost to The Magic last year. Now when I look at those series, Lebron was a monster, he even outplayed himself. Mo was supposed to be his biggest helper, he looked like a rookie all through the series.

The Cavs are a great team. Take out the series against The Magic and you get an amazing record all through the season, 1st seed in the East and they swept through the first two rounds. I just think The Magic were too good a team overall. They had a lot of options to go to. Howard, Rashard, Hedo, Pietrus could all be equally deadly in the offensive end. It's hard to counter that, especially when only one man is playing.

Shortly, I believe his team mates are bad because they are bad. Not because Lebron is too good. (Mo did play well in the regular season but he chocked very badly in the playoffs)

Edit : Roughly it might seem as though I'm contradicting myself a little bit. To clarify I think The Cavs are a really good team but only because of Lebron.

Apollo
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
You're kinda making my point. "He does everything" "He outplayed himself". See, he was so good at everything, he did so much, that it affected his teammates. They got used to not doing anything, or not having to do much. They're so used to "Give it to Bron, let him do his thing" that when it was time for them they weren't ready

mAReDux
12-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I think he takes over because his teammates suck, you think it negatively affects his teammates that he takes over. So, I'm making my own point

Apollo
12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Its not really cause his teammates suck, its just because he's better. 99% of the time, the best chance for the Cavs to score is to have the ball in James' hands. And since that teams is built on shooters and rebounders, its easy for the shooters to be out of rhythm since they have few touches

andone
12-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with lawny on this..Kobe is a better offensive player (similar to the strikers in football) but James is a better all-around player, who can play both ends.
Not really a fan, but i'd pick Kobe still.

MiniKobe
12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with lawny on this..Kobe is a better offensive player (similar to the strikers in football) but James is a better all-around player, who can play both ends.
Not really a fan, but i'd pick Kobe still.

May I remind you how many times Kobe has made the defensive 1st and 2nd teams. Not to mention he lost by a couple of votes a few years ago for defensive player of the year. People don't notice it, but Kobe is much above average on defense. Most people only talk about his offensive skills but he can play D on the best of them. And most NBA players say Kobe > LeBron so that's all the proof I need :cool:

Apollo
12-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Kobe has no weaknesses in his game, LeBron does

MiniKobe
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Kobe has no weaknesses in his game, LeBron does

Not even Chuck Norris can stop Kobe.

Cloud
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
omg yey Lebron and Kobe rant!

Fifteen seconds left, down by 2. Who do you want with the ball?
Kobe.

Who's the better leader?
Lebron.

What is the key difference between them?

Size. Kobe looks like an NBA shooting guard; LeBron looks like an NFL defensive lineman. This translates into their playing style -- LeBron on the drive simply overpowers people, while Kobe relies more on his leaping and improvisational skills.

Choose one: Kobe's previous 10 years, or LeBron's next 10 years?

LeBron's next 10. Statistically, LeBron's putting up numbers that only Oscar has matched.

Kobe might have more rings and a career high 81 points.
But I think Lebron has surpassed him.
And Lebrons 3rd season in the NBA surpassed all the seasons Kobe has been in the NBA.
Even Jerry West says : LEbron > Kobe.

Apollo
12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Um, Statistically Kobe has 4 rings.

Cloud
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Um, Statistically Kobe has 4 rings.

Look at his team.
Look at his coach.

I bet if Phil JAckson was with Lebron instead of Kobe and if Kobes team was with Lebron I would like to see how many rings Lebron would've won.

So what I'm trying to say is that he has the best coach in NBA history.
And a really good team.

Its cause of Lebron the Cavs are a good team now.Not cause of their coaching staff.

mAReDux
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't care what anybody says, when The Lakers were raining champions, that was Shaq's team. Even though Shaq is highly appreciatted, I still think he's underrated. He was unstopable, the most dominant player that ever played the game. I still can't forget how he basicly destroyed The Nets in the finals.

Apollo
12-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I bet if Phil had LeBron instead of Kobe they probably wouldn't win any..one at the most. That team is built around Kobe. So putting LeBron in wouldn't fit with the team. Phil went in got people to bang around in the post, score in the post, and get rebounds in the post, cause Kobe can't really do that. LeBron can though, so putting him in would throw everyone else off of their game, and would mess up the chemistry.

Apollo
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't care what anybody says, when The Lakers were raining champions, that was Shaq's team. Even though Shaq is highly appreciatted, I still think he's underrated. He was unstopable, the most dominant player that ever played the game. I still can't forget how he basicly destroyed The Nets in the finals.Everyone knows that o.o

Cloud
12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
LeBron is better and this is a no brainer. I don't care if Kobe has a smoother game or a prettier jumpshot. LeBron scores more and shoots a higher percentage. The only thing Kobe has on him offensively is three point range, but his 3P% isn't very impressive. I don't care how many rings Kobe has, he has never been the dominant player on a successful playoff team. People say a lot about Kobe's "killer instinct" and whatnot... what about early in his career when he was shooting airballs against the Jazz? It will come in time for LeBron, we've already seen glimpses... 25 straight against Detroit on the road in the playoffs... far more impressive than Kobe's 81 pt game in my opinion. And the scary thing is, LeBron is still 2-3 years away from entering his physical prime.

Kobe might be the better player now...but in the upcoming years it'll be vice versa.

and Apollo try not to double post D:

Apollo
12-15-2009, 04:05 PM
LeBron has more talent, but Kobe is the better player. Not dominant on a successful playoff team? Look last year. And you talk about early in his career when he shot air balls? Lebron STILL does that! It will come in time? He doesn't have that much time left. This is his what? 7, 8th season? He's halfway through his career with one scoring title, one MVP, and a finals appearance in which he got swept. And he's supposedly when its all said and done, be the best player of all time? be better than Kobe? Jordan? 25 straight isn't no wear near as impressive, lol. Jamal Crawford scored 20 straight one time when he was with the Knicks. Is that better than scoring 81? Lmfao. o.o People always say how LeBron is the better player, but in the end coaches still try to make LeBron shoot, and hope Kobe misses. Lebron is more talented because of his psychical attributes, but Kobe is the better ball player.

Cloud
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
LeBron has more talent, but Kobe is the better player. Not dominant on a successful playoff team? Look last year. And you talk about early in his career when he shot air balls? Lebron STILL does that! It will come in time? He doesn't have that much time left. This is his what? 7, 8th season? He's halfway through his career with one scoring title, one MVP, and a finals appearance in which he got swept. And he's supposedly when its all said and done, be the best player of all time? be better than Kobe? Jordan? 25 straight isn't no wear near as impressive, lol. Jamal Crawford scored 20 straight one time when he was with the Knicks. Is that better than scoring 81? Lmfao. o.o People always say how LeBron is the better player, but in the end coaches still try to make LeBron shoot, and hope Kobe misses. Lebron is more talented because of his psychical attributes, but Kobe is the better ball player.

Kobe wasn't dominant as Lebron in the playoffs last year.
I didn't see Kobe score 40+ points twice in each series.
Lebrons 25 straight was impressive because he was only 22 years old and they were in the East Finals.They got swept in the finals because the Spurs were a way better team than the Cavaliers because of experience.Robert Horry, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginoblii(or however you spell it) have all been in the finals before.Thus they can handle the pressure.You have to give Lebron some credit, heck why not all the credit because he took his team to the finals by himself. He had no other all star calibur type of player on his team back then. When the Spurs probably had 3-4 all stars.

Lebron is NOT half way through his career, Kobe is.
Lebron is 24 years old and he still has another 16-17 years left in him. Thats PLENTY of time. Kobe probably has more scoring titles than Lebron but he has the same amount of MVP trophies as Lebron, heck Lebron was a runner up in mvp rankings in his THIRD season(behind Steve NAsh).And when it comes to MVP its Lebron, hands down. o.o Lebron isn't anywhere near Kobe in outside shooting but he is getting better every season. Lebron is a better leader, passer, dunker(Kobe can barely dunk anymore), defender(he was second behind Dwight last year in Defense of player rankings).

People say Lebron is tryng to be like MJ. Just because he has basically the same stats as him doesn't mean he's trying to be like him. Lebron even asked the NBA to retire the #23 because MJ is the best player to ever play the game. Jamaal Crawford scored 20 straight with the knicks in the REGULAR season. I would like to see him do that in the playoffs, and for Kobe I would like to see him score 81 in the playoffs. Honestly Kobe breaks records? Go score 100+ points and break Wilts record, if he does that I take everything back I said about Lebron being better than Kobe.

And we're talking about individual talent, not team talent.
Kobe didn't win 4 rings by himself. So saying he has 4 rings doesn't mean he's better than Lebron. Only means he won more championships.

Kobe = scorer.
Lebron = Everything (scorer, passer, defender, leader)

Apollo
12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Wasn't as dominant doesn't mean he wasn't dominant. o.o And I never said it wasn't impressive, it just wasn't better than having the 2nd highest scoring game of all time and the highest scoring game in modern history. LeBron is about halfway through his career. And I don't think you're looking at the big picture. When you think of LeBron, what comes to mind? big plays. Power dunks. Super blocks. Insane leaping ability, etc. He isn't gonna have that forever. Sooner or later hes gonna have to evolve his game. (Like other pro leapers like MJ, Kobe, VC, McGrady, etc). He's not going to be able to rely on his youthfulness forever. This is why I think he is too good for his own good. He won't be able to lean on being just flat out better physically than everyone else forever.
LeBron's skill level isn't on Kobe's level yet. Which is why Kobe is the better player. You keep saying Kobe is a better shooter, which is obvious btw xD, but its just not about that. Kobe is better at getting his shot. He has better shot selection. He has better discipline. He can improvise better. He's better at using what hes got and not trying to force anything. he dictates what the defense does, and not the other way around.

People don't say he's trying to be like MJ. People say he will be better than MJ. and they don't have the same stats. o.o and regular season? I would like LeBron to score 81 period. In any game in his life. And tell LeBron to go break wilts record. Kobe is the only one to come remotely close, and before Kobe's 81, it wasn't even thought of someone being able to break it since the game is played so different now. Wilt was before his time, no one was like him, he was the first.

Toshiro
12-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Kobe is getting old pretty soon no one would want him

just see what happened to Iverson

MiniKobe
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Kobe is getting old pretty soon no one would want him

just see what happened to Iverson

Lol, without any injuries. Kobe is not going down anytime soon.

And Kobe > Iverson which is why Kobe while be in his prime much longer. Comparing Iverson to Kobe is a fail.

Cloud
12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Wasn't as dominant doesn't mean he wasn't dominant. o.o And I never said it wasn't impressive, it just wasn't better than having the 2nd highest scoring game of all time and the highest scoring game in modern history. LeBron is about halfway through his career. And I don't think you're looking at the big picture. When you think of LeBron, what comes to mind? big plays. Power dunks. Super blocks. Insane leaping ability, etc. He isn't gonna have that forever. Sooner or later hes gonna have to evolve his game. (Like other pro leapers like MJ, Kobe, VC, McGrady, etc). He's not going to be able to rely on his youthfulness forever. This is why I think he is too good for his own good. He won't be able to lean on being just flat out better physically than everyone else forever.
LeBron's skill level isn't on Kobe's level yet. Which is why Kobe is the better player. You keep saying Kobe is a better shooter, which is obvious btw xD, but its just not about that. Kobe is better at getting his shot. He has better shot selection. He has better discipline. He can improvise better. He's better at using what hes got and not trying to force anything. he dictates what the defense does, and not the other way around.

People don't say he's trying to be like MJ. People say he will be better than MJ. and they don't have the same stats. o.o and regular season? I would like LeBron to score 81 period. In any game in his life. And tell LeBron to go break wilts record. Kobe is the only one to come remotely close, and before Kobe's 81, it wasn't even thought of someone being able to break it since the game is played so different now. Wilt was before his time, no one was like him, he was the first.

I know Kobe is better NOW but I was really trying to say that Lebron will be better, he MIGHT be better right now. And yes Kobe has more experience, I'm just trying to prove that even if Kobe has more rings than LeBron that doesn't prove anything. Kobe has been in the league longer than Lebron,he has been on a better team than Lebron, he has a better coach than Lebron's coach. Well we will see if the cavs face the lakers in the NBA finals and we will also see if Lebron and Kobe put on a show D: That would be....amazing! Don't you agree? Also they are playing on the 25th :]

Apollo
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Kobe is better now, but LeBron can surpass him. He's just going to have to put in the work on his game like MJ, Kobe, etc did. I don't think Cavs make it past Boston, and and yeah they do play on Christmas. And oh, all of this Kobe talk I'm doing is coming from a T-Mac/VC fan. So you know it must be serious if I'm taking Kobe's side :X

Toshiro
12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Lol, without any injuries. Kobe is not going down anytime soon.

And Kobe > Iverson which is why Kobe while be in his prime much longer. Comparing Iverson to Kobe is a fail.

Iverson was a really good player maybe not as much as Kobe but pretty soon Kobe is going to lose his game

and by pretty soon I don't mean 1 or 2 years I mean in about 6 to 7 years
while Lebron is always getting better

Apollo
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpzJgLzzX38

Bron dont want to see Kobe son!

Toshiro
12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-E3HjnZ7U&feature=related

Acrytex
12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Michael Jordan.